1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Clutch Hose Warranty/recall

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Jan 3, 2019.

1. I'm hearing from the US that another "recall" is looming after the oil cooler and cam chain tensioner bolts one is dealt with. Several US forum members are reporting that they have been told their clutch hoses are being changed under instruction from Ducati. Does anyone know if this is part of a recall or just post issue warranty behaviour by dealers. I would be inclined to believe the latter but many have cited that dealers are changing them as a matter of course.

2. Well it's funny you say that; yesterday I booked mine in for the oil/tensioner recall for a days work.
    The dealer called me back 10 mins later and said "a few more things" need fixing on my bike so he needed it for a few days at least.
    I had the first round of recalls done in the summer so bit of a worry, but that's what warranty is for I guess.

3. The clutch hose replacement has a 2mm bore rather than a 3mm bore apparently

4. Yeah my dealer has confirmed this needs doing on mine with the oil cooler before I can have the bike. Getting itchy feet!

5. I wonder how many real road miles the V4 did in its final test phase? Or was it all on a rolling road?

6. They didn't do any testing.....I think we are the test mules.

I have had my bike since May 2018 and it has spent more time going backwards and forwards for recalls - I need to take a day off work to get it to the dealership as the nearest one is 80 miles away.

I hope Ducati give all of us with 1st gen bikes an extra years warranty

Do Not Sell My Personal Information