1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Issue 899

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Scotty 899, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Hi,
    Hoping someone can help, I’ve fitted a new chain and sprockets to the 899 and in the process I had to remove the clutch slave cylinder hydraulic line to access a bolt.
    When putting back together I’ve bled the system several times and resistance is felt instantly at lever and no more air bubbles come out the lines both at the slave and master so I’m thinking all is good, but pulling the clutch lever in(to the bar) isn’t disengaging drive. (1st gear, clutch in rear wheel won’t turn)
    I was doing this late last night so didn’t do it whilst running, but didn’t think it would make a difference. I’m using DOT 4 recommended fluid.
    Am I doing something fundamentally stupid? It was working ok before taking the hydraulic line off. Any one have any ideas be greatly appreciated

Cheers
    Scott

2. So just to be sure you didn't simply remove the 3 bolts holding the slave cylinder is place and pull that off as a single sealed unit, you removed the hydraulic line to get access to the sprocket cover bolt?

If that's the case 100% there's air in the system.

3. I think I removed it to get access to shift lever to move that out the way but yeah in hindsight not opening the circuit would of been a better idea.

The lever has resistance so I thought it would be good, but il persist with bleeding.

Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information