1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Clutch Master Cylinder

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by xander296, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Ahh!! Next problem, after a quick ride I found drops of fluid on the air intake tube that runs under the clutch lever, seems to be coming from the clutch lever micro switch area? Quick search online says you can't buy a seal kit? Is thst right? What are the options to repair, replace this, can't ride at the moment dye to this!!

2. I have the same problem, interested in any replies.

3. I stripped it down today, no obvious damage wear so cleaned it all up 're bleed and try it later today, I will let you know how I get on, there is a brembro 15mm kit that has the seal in it apparently can't find one online though

4. I 've just come back from a 300 mile round trip clutch is still ok no signs of leaking. So the strip and clean and regrease has got to be worth a shot if yours is leaking

5. I've never had the issue but I think KTM might sell the Brembo reseal kit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good to know thanks

7. The drops could well have come from the reservoir lid seal. When the bike is on the side stand, the reservoir is well off horizontal, so if that seal is less than perfect, you will have a problem.
    Yes, after a court case in America, Brembo allegedly required Ducati and KTM to agree to some sort of disclaimer. KTM signed up but Ducati didn't, so Brembo parts are no longer available from Ducati but you can get the equivalent parts from KTM.

8. I went to see a few 749`s before I bought one and quite a few had leaking top caps, I did remove the reservoir and cap and gave both a good clean so you might be right could have been there.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information