1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Oil Seal And Layshaft Bearing Equivalents & Oil Feed Banjo Bolt

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by DucatiChappie, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Hi Guys

I posted a thread a good while ago about repainting clutch and alternator housings... well, time passes and so on, but the good news is that they're done, and I'm edging ever closer to the rebuild :)

There was some good advice on that thread from Desmoquattro and others about the clutch oil seal (buy SKF, about a tenner) and the bearing on the end of the generator shaft (I think it's called the layshaft?!).

Anyhoo, questions, questions...

My eyesight is failing and I can't make out the lettering on the clutch oil seal, would anyone have it to hand please? Ducati part number is 463.4.047.7A

The layshaft bearing has no visible numbers on it, but for sure they are there, just visible when then bearing is out. I plan to hand this over to the guy who's going to rebuild this for me with all the bits and let him do the knocking out (I'd only break something), so same question. The Ducati part number is 702.5.008.1A.

I'm thinking I can get these quicker and cheaper from a local bearing factor, rather than order direct, so if you can help that would be appreciated.

The other question is the oil feed banjo bolts on the generetaor casing and side of teh heads. I'm missing one. Is this a part common with others? Before I order one from Ducati, is there a common spec I can use to buy a generic one from the Bay or elsewhere?

Thanks in anticipation...

James

2. James, if you don't get the answers you need by Tomorrow, I'll look out the seals for you. The banjo bolt just needs measured, get one the same thread pitch, bore and length. I may have spare if you want? Bit corroded just need cleaned up unless you are wanting new.

3. Bearing on the end of the crankshaft/alternator/left side cover is a 6003/C3 (at least it is on 2v 900 & 4v 916), about £3 from your local bearing supplier.

4. I can't remember if I got seal this from Ducati, I'm sure I used an SKF which was a bit cheaper than OEM. Sizes are on below listing and I have checked with Stein Dinse 75x95x12.
    Screenshot_20171011-112633.png

5. $29 is a bit pricey... they're £8.50 from Ducati... ;)

6. Aye, I'm just using the image to show the details of part number/seal size. I paid less than a tenner.

7. Addiction, DukeDesmo, Desmoquattro, thanks all for your help!! I'll get those bits ordered up, along with a few others.

Neil, stand by...

Cheers all

James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information