1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Clutch Pressure Plate Replacement

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by The Skeksis, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Looking at changing the pressure plate for a slightly more blingy thing from China.
    Haven't found much in the way of criticism for the Chinese stuff so I'm assuming it's not all terrible.

Main question though.
    Are the pressure plates, springs etc interchangable between all the 748, 916, 996 and 998's or are there change over points for different components depending on year or engine size?
    My steed is a 2000 996.

Cheers
    Trigger

2. All Ducati dry clutch pressure plates are basically interchangeable between models up to 1198.
    Make sure you line up the post with a slot on it to the pressure plate with a mark on it. Ducati ones have a small cast triangle on them but dunno what your one will have.

Also...slipper clutch pressure plates are smooth on the inside whereas non slipper have teeth that line up with the drum. Slipper no good on non slipper and vice versa.

#2 RickyX, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  3. Thanks for the clarification.
    Mines not a slipper so I won't need to worry about that.
    Are the springs and collars also interchangeable?

4. Normally

5. Watch out for aftermarket items deviating slightly from O.E.M. dimensions as can cause problems. The springs can deviate the most particularly in strength.

6. Springs are available in different spring rates and spring caps can vary in depth so vary the amount of spring compression. IME, 749/999 springs and spring caps didn't work on my 748. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information