1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Clutch Problem/advice

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by ADS1, Oct 31, 2017.

1. So about a two weeks ago I lost clutch action, common fault as I found out on forum.
    Replaced slave cylinder under warranty all seemed okay.

This weekend took bike over to France for a long weekend, on way to hotel clutch got very soft and hard to select 1st. Same as before.

Limped to hotel, left bike in car, got on the drink.

Next day returned to bike ready to call breakdown and clutch had self heeled !!!

Worked perfect for rest off trip.

Any advice as to why, and what to do, as now do not trust it ?

2. The last incident may have just been an air bubble working its way out of the system. Don't panic just yet !

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Did it get very hot (e.g. in traffic), this happened with mine in S France a couple of years ago. Also I had aftermarket adjustable levers and I had to dial them right out to get a good clutch action when hot.

4. Possibly an air bubble still in the system which may or may not have worked it's way back to the reservoir. Any air bubbles will expand if the fluid gets hot causing a soft lever and drag at the clutch. The same will happen with altitude. A couple of years ago when on a visit to the Dolomites I had to release the air from the master cylinders of 4 other Multis in our group. This had not been a problem until we were up to around 5-6,000 ft.

5. I had all of the above problems on my 2017 DVT. Clutch master cylinder replaced today under warranty. Hopefully all is well now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information