1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Removal Issues

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ryan, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Am i right in saying i have this stripped enough for the main clutch shaft to slide out?

Its solid still.

Tried videos on YouTube cant see any similar to mine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

20180126_152155.jpg

2. Recently experienced by another forum contributor. The use of a rubber mallet resolved it. To be fair you just need to break the metal to metal bond resulting from being assembled for a long time. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. so im right in saying that the centre bit that has teeth doesn't unscrew off etc the unit in theory should just come off now?

4. Yes, you are right it should just pull off. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Top man thanks Andy

6. managed to get it all off with some persuasion.

My next issue is i have fitted the new slipper clutch its a kbike one.

But not its fitted my clutch lever has no stiffness at all like its not reacting slutch springs arnt de compressing

Any ideas?

7. Did u put the rod back in?

8. Yeah i put the rod back in.

The only thing i think im unsure about is the dish shaped washer im wondering if i have put it on the wrong way round.

9. Have you put the dished plates back correctly ? The ones with the punched mark on them ?

10. Whats the stack Height ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. hi yes i put the plates back in. according to manufacturer it should be roughly 6.5-7mm
    I haven't checked with a micrometer but it is roughly that when i check with measuring ruler.

12. I’m hoping the stack height is a typo. If you are using a standard basket which it looks like, stack height should be around 36.5mm. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Im.just following what it says at you measuring it from a different point?

Screenshot_20180130-173744.png

14. Okay, that measurement isn’t what is usually understood as the stack height :upyeah: Stack height is all the alternating friction and pressure plates measured one on top of each other.
    You might have to go back to basics. The first thing that I would check is that handlebar lever movement is translated into movement at the slave cylinder. If you remove the compression plate, you should be able to measure just how much the clutch push rod moves. In actual terms probably no more than 2mm should be enough. If you can’t see the push rod poking through, as has been suggested, there might be an extension piece missing from the slave cylinder. If you can’t see any movement my guess would be an air lock in the master cylinder on the handle bar. Good luck. Andy

#16 Android853sp, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I usually find all the instructions completely useless. I'd take the stack out and measure it

16. I've had this. When I took it apart the fluid level dropped in the reservoir too low and introduced air in the system. I now make sure it's at max before taking the clutch Spain. Could be that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. i really appreciate all the help guys!

I see what you mean now i will look into that and make sure my stack height is right.

Also will check the slave cylinder for extension peice missing as i checked and the rod isn't even slightly moving when pulling in the clutch lever.

My oil reservoir is a little low now that you.mention it so i will top that up and bleed also.

Im in Denmark until the 9th February so i will keep you posted once i try these solutions.

thanks again love this forum

18. I fitted a bleed nipple banjo on the clutch master to make bleeding easier.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information