1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Clutch Slave

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by flatstick959, Oct 22, 2017.

1. after cleaning my bike today the clutch lever wouldn’t work - went stiff and creaky. First thought was the slave cylinder

Took it off and the o ring has stretched massively and obviously isn’t sealing. there was some small specks of dirt on the push rod - enough to Baulk it in the anti rotation spacer and stop the lever working

Heads up to everyone you may need to periodically speak this.

The push rod was stuck in the slave unfortunately and moved slightly inside the bore. I’m hoping the oil seals are ok still.

Going to take it in and try and get a new slave on the warranty. Not really acceptable this.

I fitted a correct sized o ring so the Bike is mobile now but worried of potential dirt inside the bore of the slave or damaged seal inside the primary shaft

3B96BC11-8592-46C5-94E6-4F04E62F6E4B.jpeg

2. Had bike to dealer and checked everything is ok but ordered new slave and anti rotation spacer as a precaution

3. Did they cover under warranty?

4. Yeah they’re going to swap it out at it’s next service

Did 120 miles in crappy conditions today and was faultless so the o ring I fitted has worked but still best to be safe and change the thing out

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information