1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Cnc Crash Bungs.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by garyhoos1, Feb 13, 2021.

1. CNC crash bungs on tidy little things, removed the R&G cover to install the left side.
    Is it worth cutting the R&G cover to fit or leave off ??

7BC23583-C87F-4937-9CBF-1DE4F6C1DBA5.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. So if you don’t cut the cover it won’t fit back over as the CNC crash bobbin jobbie is in the way....right?

Don’t you just love shit that doesn’t fit!

So you either carefully modify the cover or the bobbing??

path of least resistance me thinks.... or one of the other?

Or the other without the one?

Personally I would try and chamfer the bobbin if it’s only a slight fitment interference...

The R&G cover could possibly crack if you start taking lumps out of it....

You need to be a little more specific with clearances .... ie. what parts are rubbing or fouling? And by how much?

perhaps some photos might help?

3. I would be more inclined to just run the case savers. Those bobbins could cause a world of pain if they get torn out or twisted and start breaking the mounting points.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yep totally agree.... I’ve seen a handful of written off frames due to crash bungs! Only really any use under certain circumstances.... and a lot of that involves luck! Also not a great lover of that R&G (really Garbage) products. Rad guards one ok ish. I’ve seen them covers before after a few seasons use and they don’t look pretty. Still as long as they protect the cases then that’s more important. Just depends if you want double protection and the agro of modifying one or the other.....

• Agree Agree x 1

7. Similar experiences although I’m lead to believe that the bsb covers aren’t too bad
    I’ve always used gbracing

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Yep 100% GB Racing covers rock:upyeah: Others are just a cheap alternative that normally have very little crash resistance. Woodcraft still turn out some nice gear! Expensive mindo_O Yoshi and Spyder gears ok just a little bulky.... your best option is.....

Don’t crash man:bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You still Huffing and Puffing Gary????

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. lol, now n then when I’m on the strat,
    Prefer the Tele ....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information