1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cochem Restaurants

Discussion in 'Touring' started by tyke65, Jul 21, 2020.

1. I know a few of you fellow bikers have been to Cochem in the past couple of years, we are due for a stop over for a couple of nights in August after rearranging our Austrian MotoGP trip.
    So I’m looking for any suggestions/recommendations for somewhere to eat and drink please.

2. Evening time, most along the Mosel are ok. There’s one upstairs (by the Irish bar) with barrel tables that does very, very good steaks and beer. Sorry, terrible with names. Then head into the centre, there’s a decent Italian and a pizza place.

During the day, a nice place for lunch is a two story restaurant right by the square on a corner, upstairs again, simple lunchtime food.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 6FF2873F-F478-4350-8249-BC01D6A85199.jpeg
    Been to Cochem a few times, good place to stop for the Nurburgring. We’ve eaten at these two places, ask for the local Rose, with your meal, it’s delicious.
    Have you already booked accommodation?
    The last time I went we hadn’t booked anywhere and there was no rooms in Cochem, ended up driving to Ernst, a mile or so down river. On the main road there was a tourist info type place with a telephone link to all the local hotels that you just picked and used. We ended up on that occasion stopping here:-

E638DA65-9D23-4764-80A1-E917A6694874.jpeg

We ended up with a massive apartment with numerous bedrooms, bathrooms and a lounge for the price of a twin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Ive stayed at hotel cafe germania which was nice rooms and breakfast was good for Germany. Hotel noss which was a bit more basic. Panaroma just out of te town a 20 min walk, nice rooms and spa with pool. All had garages if you hook the, early enough, although germania was a 5 min walk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Btw all are good for food, germania doesn’t open in the evening

6. When do the new noise regs come in?... :)

7. @SHarper yes booked a couple of nights in the Karl Noss, availability is a bit scarce in August. From there down to the Swizz alps for 4 nights (Grindelwald) and then back up through France.
    We're on version 4 for this trip with Covid and everything else.
    Just looking forward to getting away:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've got a full Termi system on the Multi.....its really quiet below 2000 rpm ;)

9. Try and get a front facing room..the back rooms are a bit like being in a barracks ;)

Decent breakfast there, usual German affair, but IME evening meals can be hit & miss and no air so f*cking hot when its hot/humid outside. The irish bar (iirc out door left) is OK. Mate set fire to the bar there one year...how we laughed as the barman ran around trying to extinguish not the bar and my mates coat :joy::joy::joy::joy: Irony is that was before we started getting on the lash!

10. Yeah got X2 Balcony rooms facing the River, planning on eating out for the 2 nights....we'll try the Irish bar and see if they remember you :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  11. tried to find a photo of that year...but can't believe its probably 10 yrs ago!!!

This is why I'm bored with biking: all on your own riding shite and no messing with mates. Yawn.

12. I’ve been to Cochem many times and know the town pretty well but I’ve never heard of either of these places. The internet doesn’t seem to know them either. Do you have any more info? I’d be keen to check them out as I have a few days in Cochem in April as part of a driving trip.

13. Isn’t weinhaus Wagner the place we went to where the owner made his own wine?

Although I struggled to find it last time I went.

14. I think you are probably right, everything the owner told us about his family making the wine across the river fits with this …

Wein- & Sektgut Wagner von Wohlgemuthheim

https://liebezumwein.de/en/start-english/

I think I vaguely remember the hand logo on the bottles … but I guess they must have closed down the bar, maybe as a result of Covid.

When were you last in Cochem? 2017 for me when I took my Dad there (and the ‘Ring) for his 80th. Looking forward to going back … this time with the Mrs :)

15. 2019 I think with Mrs

16. Are you sure those are the right names?

https://www.riwa-restaurant.de/de/ appears to be in Füssen on the Swiss border 5hrs SE of Cochem, and I can’t find a Hotel-Restaurant Lüden on the web at all. There is a Hotel-Restaurant Lüdenbach but that is 2hrs away from Cochem near Cologne ??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information