1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Cold Start Issues

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by TheX, May 20, 2017.

1. I'm not sure if the Euro bikes have the same issue, but every US bike I've seen have a tendency to not quite start the first try when cold. In fact, the cure seems to be waiting a couple minutes for a complete ECU reset (per my dealer) and it starts the second try. Well...went to the dealer yesterday and they uploaded a new FI map and performed a new APS/TPS reset. The difference is truly amazing. This isn't an "I think there's a difference" thing, it's a REAL difference. Idle sounds better, low-speed throttle response is better...and the cold start was flawless this morning.

Apparently, Ducati doesn't announce this kind of thing, but...if you own a 959 with this issue go have it done.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. No idea why there are two duplicate threads.

3. Sounds good, on my commute in, waiting for a full ECU reset until the 'click' was frustrating on the cold starts.
    As a quick fix , changing the bike to WET mode for the start & then to my selected mode seems to have worked every single time ( kiss of death , I know, I'm opening up a 'my panigale won't start' thread as I type).

4. Yes still a problem on my bike too, surely there's a solution?

5. Never had it with the 899

But my 12 doesn't always want to start when hot, cranks a fair bit

6. I've never had a Ducati yet that starts first time from cold. Even on those rare days when the sun shines and the weathers hot - UK hot that is!

7. So far it's been a wonderful change. It's like a different bike.

8. Mine too. Took 10 seconds to fire up leaving the pits with engine at 104c.

9. Yours did seem to run hotter than mine,

In that last session mine was Miss firing the whole way down the pit lane and was chugging going up pit road as well... wonder if it's that shit texeco fuel we got at lunch... she did feel a bit less 'eager' in the afternoon...

10. Could be mate, maybe things were so hot that fuel was evaporating. Soon sorted itself out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. There's a vid on YouTube that's captured us (externally) briefly

12. There's a vid on YouTube that's captured us (externally) briefly

13. This fix is for real. Finally happy with the bike.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information