1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colonel Sanders

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Mar 5, 2020.

1. 'kin hard work sanding down these fairings

IMG_20200225_135052.jpg IMG_20200225_144647.jpg IMG_20200226_173303.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Make sure you prepare that fairing well, because even if you have got rid of them, those damn decals can somehow leave a witness mark which can grin through your new paint.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Is it best to take right down to the primer? I know you did a really great job on your fairings, so any tips would be much appreciated.

4. I would be inclined to rub down around the decal so you can't see any outline of the letters etc.

I would then wipe the area over completely with say, isopropyl alcohol to make sure there is no latent adhesive in the panel.

After making sure the panel is ready for paint, spray primer that area (including the feathered edge of the red paint) to see if anything grins through.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I got really pissed off when I did my half fairing...........the small desmo decal on both sides was a pig to get rid off, and even though I rubbed down to the gel coat, the damn outline kept grinning through despite various different primers.

In the end I got two new decals and laid them over the outline.

Luckily when I did the full fairing, having learned from the half fairing, the primer eventually covered any slight remains of the decal outline.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information