1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come Back El Toro...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Exige, Jan 20, 2019.

1. You will be retired soon and this will be your lil retirement project, we need to be able to annoy you while you're doing sod all :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Would be a shame to lose someone who does a difficult job so well. :(

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  3. What’s happened? Can somebody enlighten me please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I hope this potential resignation is rejected by Rob. And we as a community of people who have or have not met Dave reaffirm his enjoyment in monitoring & obfuscation of issues where needed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wait your turn my friend as it's not your end time yet;)

6. ?

I think I have found the answer. It’s terrible news that ElT appears to have left.
    Everybody needs to chill out and have a hug and be nice to each other.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Yes, El T resigned.

I’m trying to get him to have a think.

• Like Like x 26
  8. Jeez - does that mean you're in charge Rob????? :confused:

9. There've been some good suggestions about refocussing the forum on the bikes, and less about the more pub-talk / inflammatory religion / politics type topics. He does a great job with good humour, but he's a person and not a punchbag. Some of the people who just goad him relentlessly should wind their necks in, or have them wound in through bans etc. It would be a real shame to lose Terry as mod' and I feel the forum would be far the worse for it.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. It's a tough task trying to control a large number of childish idiots: I should know, being one of them!
    Come back El T, you are missed by many.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. I hope El T changes his mind or is persuaded to return. Its a difficult job which I think he does well. If nothing else I hope he joins us as a regular member!

However Dimbleby is now available, and that guy Bercow is quitting his gig in the summer (maybe) so there are options.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Yes, more bikes and less bullshit, plus the occasional gratuitous photograph!

• Like Like x 2
  13. More bikes and less bullshit in the bike threads?

14. Personally I like all the pub banter mixed in with bikes and some serious mechanical stuff but we all must remember it’s not the Moderator/Administrator who controls the content but us as contributors. The M/A can only delete content when it becomes too offensive and should never be admonished IMO but respected. Don’t go @El Toro we ALL love you and will miss you :sob:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Personally the BS doesn’t bother me, I just walk round it. I choose the topics I read according to the title given, if I open and don’t like what I’m reading I move on to a more pertinent or interesting thread.
    Stone throwing isn’t acceptable and life’s too short to be sucked in to a mud flinging contest over pointless shite.
    El T does a good job and it’s a thankless task in which he gives up a lot of spare time. I hope he comes back.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Don't know what happened, but he puts lot of his own time into the forum.
    Has a genuine love for bikes and from his posts, seems to have met a lot of you in the real world and no one has a bad word to say about him.
    I'm sure he will reconsider.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. El t is a top man and does a great job on here.. I really hope he stays on here even if not as a mod. I certainly wouldn't want to lose touch with him...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Yep, met him briefly last summer. Nice guy and very genuine. Friendly and reasonable. As you say, he puts a lot of time and effort in (including stuff like PR and whatnot) and presumably isn’t getting rich off this. You’d reach a point where enough’s enough I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oh no!!! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. @El Toro please re think you do an amazing thankless task and I love this forum and all who post in it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information