1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Comfort Seat - Ducati Or Touratech?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Pat Mills, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Looking for peoples thoughts and experience on comfort seats on the Multi as I find the seat is angled forward a little.

1. Does the Ducati comfort seat have a shallower angle making the seating position more horizontal?

2. Has anyone used a Touratech Comfort seat over the Ducati comfort seat?

Any insight or experience welcomed :)

2. A little puzzled by the question, the Ducati Performance comfort seat is made by Touratech?

[​IMG]
    I have both rider and pillion versions and it makes a difference to me but still isn't quite all day fresh as a daisy after 500 miles, spring in your step, comfortable.

The OEM seat on the 1260 made my arse smart after about 120 miles, the comfort seat is far better in this respect and, IMHO, worth the investment if you can pick one up cheapish. My rider seat came from a member on here as hardly used. The pillion one I got to match and also keep my GF's ass comfortable. Bought that from DMC when they had a container load of stuff cheap from Ducati for old models. 1200DVT and 1260DVT seats are the same but it was half price! Not sure it's worth around £800 the pair RRP though.

#2 Bumpkin, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. With the OEM seat, I could barely last 200km. Then bought the Touratech version. Rider position is that much better, no longer hitting the family jewels against the tank under breaking.

But comfort was barely good for 500km. My daily rides average 600-800 km. So out went the Touratech seat, and had it locally refoamed. Night and day difference. First ride out with the new foam seat was a 13 hours long ride, for 1100km (Montreal - Windsor). Wanted to keep on going at the end of the day too...

If I'd have to do it again, I would spare some funds and go straight for a Russell seat.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I had both on dvt. Touratech (Ducati) better but not great. Got a Sargent made off stock seat pan. Fantastic. Not sure if available to you. They turned mine around in one week including US shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I tried re-shaping stock seat, then Ducati Comfort and ended up with a Corbin, which is fantastic for comfort.
    20191229_144342.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Had the seat on my 1200 Enduro rebuilt (reprofiled and gel pad fitted) vastly better and only 90 quid!

• Like Like x 2
  7. I have a Sargent seat. All day comfort.

• Like Like x 1

8. Ah I was looking /comparing the Ducati comfort seat from configurator with the Touratech seat you have a picture of.

Good insight though and worth knowing 1200/1260 are the same, assume you can also use the risers from standard seat on touratech seat?

9. The Ducati comfort seat IS a touratech seat.

10. As above, you can get the standard seat re-profiled by a seat builder, they can put new and better foam in with a Gel insert as well.
    I don't use the standard seat on the 1260 as I had a Ducati (Touratech) Comfort seat from my DVT, that is almost 5 years old and getting harder and flatter so had the foam replaced and re-profiled a year ago and it is really good now - better than when new!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’ve got a Ducati touring seat for sale off my 1260. I’m too short for it

12. Hi Ant

Is that the comfort seat that is 20mm than the standard one or the touratech one?

cheers. Pat.

13. It’s the comfort one -can send u a pic

14. Hi Ant

Is you could that would be grand.

what sort of money do you want for it?

cheers. Pat.

15. £125 plus shipping which will be about £15 courier I think

16. Hi Ant

Price is OK, I am just in York, could pop down tomorrow morning if that worked for you?

Not sure if you can Direct message on here? Or drop me a mail over to [email protected] and we can swap addresses off main forum or phone numbers and I can call you.

Let me know. Cheers. Pat

17. Emailed you

• Like Like x 1
  18. The DP/Touratech Comfort seat has the same seat-pan as the std seat. Risers fit and work fine, have them fitted to mine.

Not sure what version Ant's seat is, and not wanting to piss on his chips, but it has the std 1260 cover by the look of things. Maybe he had that transposed across? The DP Comfort seat cover is black and is a more grippy material.

Had a Tribo cover on the pillion for the GF before I got the DP seats, no need after and no sliding around for me either.

19. See below an ad for comfort seat of same part number as mine And it’s a bargain at my price. (Pat if u change ur mind no probs. It’ll be £150 next week ) 24FCEF00-A22C-4DD0-9F94-A5333540C735.png 24FCEF00-A22C-4DD0-9F94-A5333540C735.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information