1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Back To Ducati After 23 Years

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Air Cooled, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Hi all,

I had a Monster 600 in the late 90s and it was a great little bike, It was a metallic blue, stage 2 tuned (air box, carbs, jets and carbon pipes). I sold it in the search for more power to keep up with the group of sports and supermoto riders I was riding with at the time.

I have always headed to the Ducati stand at the MCN London bike show and had a look at the latest offerings from the Diavels to the Panigales and wondered what a newer Ducati was like.

Anyway, fast forward 23 years and I’m about to buy another Monster; an early 1200S. I’ve never ridden one and actually set out to buy an 821 locally which fell through. I’m currently running an Aprilia Shiver 750 which is great and I love the torque of V or L twins, but once again I was seeking a few more hp from the 821 - (17 to be precise). So, as is always the way, the gods intervened and a bigger, better bike came along that I couldn’t refuse. I hear this one has a tad more oomph which I am very much looking forward to discovering!

So, Hopefully, in a week’s time I will be the proud owner of a mint 1200S to to roll around the Surrey Hills and down to the coast on.

I will be on here asking lots of questions and will post some pics (with bins) when it arrives.

Cheers all.

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. Welcome. My sister had a Monster 600 in 93/94 - lovely bikes. :motorcycleduc:

3. Welcome to the forum,there's so much motorcycle / other knowledge on here it's unreal,just shoot away with the questions as & when you need too fella.:upyeah:

4. I’m liking you already :D newbie
    Welcome into our mad house

• Like Like x 1
  5. 23 years?! must have been really difficult!

6. It did take a while... I got there via a few Italian bikes; the most notable being a Guzzi 850 T3 that I bought as a wreck in the 80s, cobbled together to go to Europe and since then it has spent almost 40 years in pieces. I started to restore it in the first lockdown, then I saw sense and went and bought a new (to me) Ducati instead! IMG-20210115-WA0000.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Welcome along nice bike

8. Thanks, now I have to buy all the essential gizmos and upgrades...

9. Welcome and enjoy

10. Lovely bike, congrats

11. Greetings!

12. welcome air-cooled'

Do Not Sell My Personal Information