1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Coming Up Next Weekend, Sport Classic 1000. Low Miles.

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Weeksy, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Next weekend i'm selling my old SC1000.

I bought this as a 1200 miles bike back in 2012 and then after 18 months sold it to a mate, when i sold it to him it had 3500 miles on the clocks, so i'm pretty sure the miles are going to come in at sub 5000 now.

It did have a clock replacement done by Moto Rapido which is all in the service book, so the clocks are showing slightly low, but this was done under full dealer backup etc so you can be sure of the mileage.

I'll be collecting it next Saturday from a mates garage and brining it home for cleaning, MOT, oil and filter and general checkover etc. As soon as that's done it will be sold on here (and other forums etc of course).

This is the particular bike in question although it's had a few VERY minor changes since then with a new open clutch cover and pressure plate being fitted, but apart from that, it's a stock bike.

[​IMG]DSC02346 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC00799 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC00798 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC00797 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC00779 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC00366 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Now, whilst my mate doesn't want an insane amount for it, he's not going to let it go for bonkers money either. We've all seen the £14,000 bikes on Ebay and people wanting massive money, but this isn't going to be £14,000.... But then again, it's not going to be £8000 either :) Work out the rest from there.

The bike will be available for viewing in West Berks, just north of Newbury anytime from next Saturday onward, as i'm sure you're aware, the demand for this is likely to be quite high.

It was serviced about 18 months ago and i will (If you want, give it an oil and filter along with a clean of the brakes, calipers, pistons and new brake fluid etc) however i'm more than happy to give it a clean, polish, fresh MOT and send it away exactly how it is too, that is of course completely up to you.

Any thoughts, questions or interest, please either ping me on the forum or send me an email at [email protected] and we can have a chat and discuss it whenever you like.

Thanks for now.

Steve.

• Like Like x 3
  2. 65 views this one but no replies: unamused:Looks great Steve and GLWS:upyeah:

3. That's ok, I'm cool with that as it's not a full on advert yet. Slightly surprised though I must admit.

If I were in a better position financially this would have never made it onto the open market, I'd have bitten his hand off.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Very nice bike, love those!
    Good luck with the sale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Quite like these, but I would prefer side covers, Good Luck with the impending sale, if you don't change your mind, and you should.

6. The other style seem to be another £5000 on top in asking price.

This isn't my bike now, i sold it to my mate years ago, but due to work stuff it's easier for me to sell it for him. Along with the fact i have a cleaning/polishing fetish so it will be 100% for the sale. I collect it this Friday and over the weekend will get it fully ready for sale and lots of pics etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh Yeah, I did read that too, silly me, it will sell easy, they're a great looking machine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bike has now made its way to my place for some detailing and making exceptional.

Should get a few hours on it tomorrow to start with.

[​IMG]2018-10-06_05-50-30 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Just for info it has sub 5000 miles on it and will be priced at £11,250

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bike has a new MOT as of today.

10. I wouldn’t have used the picture above with the standard pipes as the “lead” pic on ebay. They do not do the bike justice as they are, in my opinion, pig ugly.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Edited listing.

Where are we on price then guys ? Right ball park ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice bike, I’ve owned three inc a PS, love em...

Personally I’d show pictures of it back to standard with the Termis and originals inc in the price. The other pics are a bit misleading with different tyres and the last one looks like it’s been on a track day..

I’ve no idea what a fair price is these days, they seem to move at around £7k - £8k anything above they take some shifting.

GLWS

13. Had first offer in, but was too low for my mate, so it's still here currently.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information