1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compressors

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sharksqb16, May 21, 2017.

1. A little help or advise please. My sips 50L pressure switch pack up so my compressor would not shut off when it reached its pressure, so bought a new one off ebay, not a sips one as there didn't seem to be any for it on ebay or any where I looked. The new one dose not fit as i did not really look to close at the fittings. From the picture the dirty brass fitting is the unit which fits in to the tank. The small threaded end is OD 11mm in to tank the top thread is OD 15mm which took the original switch and cubbins, the new part is OD 20mm. There must be a coupling on the market that can join these together or one which fits the new valve and fits in the tank, then i can assemble the new valve and switch. Thanks for looking any advise greatly appreciated.
    Don't no why it uploaded two copy's? P5210002.JPG P5210002.JPG

2. Take the bits to a plumbers merchants and they'll have adapters. Get some PTFE tape to steal it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Plumber merchants will help.
    All are BSP,BsPt.
    All standard figments for gas fittings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I would agree with this, or even take them with you to wickes, a couple of quid and you'll be sorted :)

What I don't agree with is that PTFE will seal it... Instrument technician by trade you see and PTFE tape is supposed to be used as a lubricant on fittings (applied in the opposite direction of thea fitting thread and with a maximum on two complete wraps) to help prevent the threads binding.

You are correct that it is commonly (and incorrectly) used in general domestic service on very low pressure plumbing to aid sealing joints... Most often due to domestic fittings being low quality and often incompatible fittings are combined to overcome issues ;)

Just my two pence worth ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thank you all for info and advice. Never thought of plumbing parts, have a varying plumbing fittings in other shed, doubt if i have the right ones. Thanks again

Do Not Sell My Personal Information