1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compulsory registration

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by catweazle, Jun 25, 2012.

1. A bill has been introduced in parliament for compulsory registration of all motorcycles and quads when used for of road, they must be really bored and can't focus on what they are supposed to be doing.:frown:

2. Pity they don't license all air rifles etc.....but then, it would take years for them to find 25% of owners

AL

3. But then again I seen of the road Quads/MC on the road and I also seen how some of them are complete tools. However it will only work if you have to have a plate.

4. They tried to bring it in a few years ago, can`t remember why exactly it failed, think it was something to do with by the letter of the law, ​all off road bike had to be registered, trials, motoX even WBK, BSB and Moto GP bikes.
    In "theory" its not such a bad idea but will probably end up being used against all legal off road users whilst ignoring the cowboys ripping through the local park.
    A mate had two off road bikes stolen recently, both just used for legitimate competitions. Neither bike was registered (or needed to be) so no paperwork or proof of ownership. Hard to track down but easy to sell on, steal the bike up north, sell down south.

5. What about the hundreds of vintage bikes out there that never go on the road, the DVLA would be swamped. If you want to include quad bikes that never go on the road you had better include the multitude of tractors that live on farms and never go on the road, and if you are going to include then you had better include all diggers and construction vehicles that are also never used on the road. It probably failed last time because it is the thin end of an enormous wedge that they could never police.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information