1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Connecting Gps On My Multi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by spannerman, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Hello all......Well I have only covered 350 mile on my DVT over the xmas period and I am loving it...

I want to connect up my Garmin 595 sat nav. I have now finally got the mount and I'm ready to do the wiring.

What lead do I need to connect into loom? and were is the multi plug in the loom to connect up?

Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. search forum for pictures. Plug is on the left side of the headstock. If you remove the Ducati strip and push button cover in the center you will be able to see it. Note that the plug is complete with both male and female ends so you have to remove one, stop the ends and solder gps wires.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks everyone. Found the connection. Will connect to it and heat sink in the morning. Thanks for all your help

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi I'm in the process of wiring in my 595. Where did you hide all the cables that come with the Garmin? or did you just cut them to size?
    I'm struggling to work out the best route and how to remove the fairings to hide the bundle of wires etc.

5. Well for me it was a tank off affair with the wires going all the way to the back seat as did not want to cut them

6. Oh! thank you. Anyone found an easier solution?

7. Yup......just loop them (not coil) and tie, as in the image, then tuck them behind the screen mechanism, along the top of the headlight.

Fits perfectly and screen mechanism works unhindered. :upyeah:

IMG_1071.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yip what he said ^^

9. Thank you @soloman I'll give that a go (when I've worked out how the fairing is fixed (1260) any hints? please.

10. You’re welcome @Hugo Magnus.

Don’t pick my 1260 up until next month, but would imaging the fixing points would not have changed??

If not you just have to remove the 2 black plastic strips either side of nose, 4nr. fixings located below the clip on cover in front of fuel filler.

After that the nose bra needs to come off, fixings are accessed by lifting the black plastic section either side of the clocks, 1nr fixing each side. The bra then unclips from the top of the headlight by pulling up towards the screen.

Just be careful as the DIN socket is fixed to this so needs unplugging.

That should be it....unless I’ve missed something?

Happy tinkering!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I can confirm that the 1260 is exactly the same as the '15 DVT.

12. :upyeah:
    Good man! :upyeah:

13. @soloman I can't like your post enough, many thanks. Like all things it's easy when you know how. I have bundled the wires and tucked them in above the headlight and found the connector on the LHS of the tank. the removable half had two short heat shrunk wires attached to which I am about to solder the sat nav wires:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. On my DVT I'd bundled them up and secured them in the void under the "left-cheek" near the actual GPS power connector. It was tight, and occasionally I'd get a bit pop out, so it wasn't ideal. This time I'm going to try and do the same and bundle it up above the headlight.

15. A really useful thread, thank you Spannerman! I have just picked up a 2017 DVT and am faced with the same issue. I have located the GPS connector but the pigtail is missing, I assume that the previous owner had a satnav and took it off before he traded the bike in. With help from a poster on the DVT Facebook group, I have identified that the connector in question is this: https://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/jst-sales-america-inc/02R-JWPF-VSLE-S/455-1205-ND/608646
    And needs two receptacle connectors. These are buttons (pence) to buy, but postage is £12.00!!! Presumably as they come from the USA. After a bit more digging I found a vendor on eBay selling the receptacle and a couple of connectors for £5.75 free P&P here https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/JST-JWPF-2...Connector-Housing/1583397953?iid=143111459018
    (note, someone is selling two pairs of these on eBay as Ducati indicator connectors for the grand total of £18, making a handsome profit along the way)
    But, digging further I found this site CPC https://cpc.farnell.com/jst-japan-s...e8o6_eaz_jhQMCMkJfCLK8BoV5xEjajwaArzMEALw_wcB
    Where I was able to buy a pack of 5 receptacles and a pack of 10 connection pins (female) for the grand cost of £3.21 posted. Now I have some spares for when I inevitably muck up the crimping the first time.
    Anyway, I hope this helps someone else.
    Cheers all

James

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. DEFINITELY buy them pre-wired. I bought the self assembly stuff first .... and still have it lol. It is micro fiddly to put together, and I am pretty good with electics.

Those pigtails are a breeze to use :) I wish I'd known KJC sold em mind, I bought mine from overseas and they were way dearer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information