1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Cool Covers Seat Cover

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by duke63, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Has anyone fitted one to their V4? Definitely needs it in this heat.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Not to a V4, but a 950S,BMW 1250GS and even a Tenere.

They are simple to install (albeit need a good stretch) fit very well, don't look bad and really do work. They add a few mm to the seat height BTW, so those already vertically challenged can notice it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I tried one but couldn’t get on with it. Now wear vented mesh trousers and stand up when I get hot bollocks. Bliss.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. But anyone riding whilst standing up does tend to look a bit of a tool to be fair :D

I'd let my bollocks drip before I resort to standing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I don’t care what I look like as long as I’m comfortable

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yes, and it's definitely worth it. Not just to keep the heat off but to disperse any water that may gather during a downpour. Bit of a faff to fit but you may be more patient than I am.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I wore my mesh Dainese jeans today but it tends to make it worse as the heat from the seat gets thru to sensitive areas even more quickly.

Those going to WDW will need all the help they can get. Forecast is close to 40 Degrees.

8. Did WDW a few years back pulled in for a fuel stop and dash was reading 46C! It was unbearable, totally wet through everywhere you could imagine!!

9. Is there a knack to fitting one of these, as I got one for the KTM a few years ago, but it wouldn't fit the seat properly, leaving a large void on top, so I just sent it back?

10. Yes fitted the one from my Gs 1250 , brilliant bit of kit . 2B68880A-CF1F-46F8-B4EE-C27799FE35F1.jpeg fits really well even with the zero room under the seat , but of a fiddle but a few mins max

11. Got to love Titanium..

013EAE83-9C16-4938-9810-4FAEBFE317DA.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Is there a knack to fitting it?

13. Not really , the Bm seat and the V4 is similar so pull push tuck , bit like squeezing into your favourite jacket you just can’t throw away

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I'd say the knack is not to take the easy way by chucking it over, finding an edge and thinking it's fitted.Then it will sit proud of any curves. So, take your time and it will follow the OEM seat.

I'm a tart, so got a rear one so the two seats matched, even though I've usually got a bag on there and never carry a pillion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Well, with 40 degree heat in Italy next week, I’ve ordered one so will try again.

As a fellow OCD sufferer, I would have got the pillion one as well, but my pikes peak has a red rear seat, so I don’t want to be hiding any of that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Understood :D

I really do think they are fantastic, but only for summer. I've had very cold balls with lower temperatures, but to be fair, it helps you to understand how they work.

They maintain their shape too and don't look, as the AirHawk things do, like a cure for piles.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. When you’ve had you coccyx surgically removed and your sacrum still gives you jip, that sad looking bag of air is heaven :D Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I got chatting to a bloke the other day that swears by his sheepskin seat cover on the bike. I don’t think I’m quite ready for one of those yet!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Been there, done that :laughing: and apart from adding some initial padding, it's a complete waste of time. Very quickly loses its fluffiness and sits flat, awful when wet, plus, it looks pathetic.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I’ve found single layer jeans (Rokker) to be more comfortable than vented trousers. Also standing up in tunnels is a great way to cool your balls and still look ok!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information