1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Coolant Drain Plug

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by gt_lad, May 19, 2018.

1. Hi all
    The clock is ticking down for my first European trip, Spain in just under two weeks and can't wait. In preparation I've change the coolant but failed to put thread lock on the radiator drain plug. I've run it up to temp and no leaks, but not ridden since. Before I fit the fairings, is it worth me draining the system again, using thread lock on the plug/bolt, or can someone put my mind at rest that it doesn't need any?
    Adding to that, I've been unable to find a torque setting, any ideas?
    Cheers, Mark.

2. Its obviously bothering you, so drain down and refill as it will only play on your mind. That said i have never bothered to threadlock mine and i must have drained it half a dozen times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Coolant changed, reservoir topped up (rubbish sight window!!), news screen and comfort seat fitted, Kriega fitting kit installed, fairings and nosecone back on but, I have this little blighter left. I've checked everything I can remember but with no luck. It looks just like the fixings that hold the fairing on by the rearsets, but they're both in place. Any thoughts anyone?

20180523_204408.jpg

4. Underneath the fairing?

5. Sadly not.

6. Under side of headlight unit, in area of horn, cover plate fixing?

7. Not there either

8. Underneath the seat pads where the seat panels fit onto the frame?

9. Thanks for finding it that's off my 1098

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Nope, didn't remove them :-(

11. great game.
    Front mudguard x4
    Theres 3 of these around the underneath of the fan housing.
    On the skirt that fits to the bottom yolk, there is one of these that fits in the middle behind the horn.

12. Does any of the Kriega fittings replace this bolt leaving it spare?

13. Is it the one that goes in at 90 degrees to the fairing near your brake pedal.

14. Brilliant thanks, I'll check all of them.

15. The very same fitting, but no sadly. Neither is the the one by the gear lever.

16. No they all use existing fittings.

17. It’s not one of the ones by the cowl around the key slot? I normally took that off to separate the fairing easier.

18. Nope, they're all back in place too.

19. It has not got a plastic washer with it, so that should eliminate all the bolts that go into painted parts, so logic says it goes into a black plastic part, that type of shouldered bolt holds the rear hugger, chainguard , fairing to rearsets and 3 under the bellypan. 2 to the fan housing and one at the front where the belly pan joins below the rad.

20. Good spot on the washer. I am missing a belly pan fixing (one of the rear ones) but these differ from the one I have spare. I don't recall removing any of the others but will double check.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information