1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Corbin Seat ( No Not Jeremy's)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DREVIL, Nov 7, 2017.

1. After a cancer operation this year the old nether regions are to say the least still a bit tender
    so I thought I would go for a seat that would spread the load so to speak.

My pal rides a GS (Storm trooper vehicle) and has a Corbin seat fitted and he says although
    firmer than expected it spreads the load which is better over a long distance.

Have any of you fitted a corbin or similar seat/saddle ? if so what are your opinions on the outcome.

2. I think a few have figured the touratech one? And others have simply had their std one reupholstered with more/different padding.

3. I have glimpsed the Touratech but i will look at it in more detail now many thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I sympathise with the cancer operation and consequences. An inflatable seat cover such as an Airhawk or Danmedica gives you the options of adjusting the level up or down as required, I have found. Corbin or similar fixed forms of upholstery allow no such options.
    https://airhawk.net/
    https://www.danmedicasouth.co.uk/product/debbonair-motorcycle-air-pad-cover-exterior-fitting/

6. This is on this thread from adverture-rider forums.
    [​IMG]
    Ignore the fact his front crash-bar brace is turned outwards than inwards.
    [​IMG]
    There are some smart looking ones in camo & all sorts of wraps on that linked thread.
    [​IMG]
    Notably I believe you can get these seats with heated elements also & next page 62 has another seat showing from Corbin.

7. Looks brilliant but the burning question is it comfortable ?

8. I wish the std seat was as snug as that in fit! Puts Ducati quality assurance to shame

9. Not sure about the seat aspect of this but, God what an abortion of a bike he's created, just vile!

10. Not sure about the seat aspect of this but, God what an abortion of a bike he's created, just vile!

12. I hurt my coccyx about 20 years ago and it’s progressively got worse to the point I thought I’d have to stop riding. I’d tried a touratech seat on my Triumph explorer and it helped but when I swapped over to the Multi I liked the stock PP seat and after much debate bought a pair of moto skiveez. 50 quid for a pair of shreddies was making my inner jock scream but they helped a great deal. Then a Sargent seat came up and this helped no end as I can now go a full tank with no pain and aesthetically it suited the bike more than the Corbin.

13. Ill have to do a bit of research by the looks of it into the Sargent seat then thanks for the nod :upyeah:

14. +1 for the Sargent seat. I found it very comfortable compared with the standard seat (only 2013 Multi). Unless things have changed, you had to buy the seats as a pair (rider & pillion). The pillion seat had a handy pocket in the base. See the photos I took to sell my seat when I sold them (as 2010-14 seats don't fit the 2015+ DVT models).

15. Many thanks for the pictures the profile of the riders seat appears lower and flatter giving greater displacement.

#17 DREVIL, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  16. If I didn't make it clear, my Sargent seat was the lower profile version. The Sargent seat is certainly flatter and it's also wider. You can feel the edge when you put your foot down. The profile doesn't lend itself to a hanging off style of riding :)

17. I'm past my sell by date ;) so I won't be doing any Marquez style riding (well maybe a bit). I'm literally concerned with overall comfort for touring. Actually as a price comparison even with the pillion seat it would come out £120 less than the Corbin seat. Could buy some knee sliders with the extra cash :innocent:

18. I fitted these seat covers which have gel pads sewn in. It made for a more comfortable ride & looks good too. Just a lot of work with the staple gun. 20170913_224218.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information