1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Cornering Lights

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Vtwin4fun, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Just wondering if the cornering lights on a 2016 1200dvt come on automatically.....I presumed so after reading the handbook and watching god knows how many you tube videos before I bought mine but after chatting to a guy at a dealer the other day he was saying his (same model) doesn't have that feature.
    So was that an optional extra or does it need switching on via the dash or something...
    Cheers

2. I would guess it was only on the S model, with Full LED lights, but they came on automatically when in night mode, or riding in the dark

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ah ok
    I have the 1200s and full LED but not been out in the dark yet so will get out soon and see what happens...cheers

4. Yep, S model. They activate automatically.

I'm a bit 'meh' about them TBH but guess I would probably miss them if they weren't there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yep I know what you mean....it's probably a novelty thing to be honest but it'll be nice to see what they're like I guess.

6. It is better with them than without, LED's are so either full on, and then absolute dark, not like halogen etc where you get a gradual bleed, so when riding around a bend you are looking into a dark area where you are going, so they help a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not sure if this is the case on the Multi, but on cars the lights come on when you indicate, to light up either the left or right where your turning into.
    That might be worth a try, even if its only to prove they don't do that :yum

8. It is related to Lean

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. No they don’t John W

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. My MV Tursimo, with LED all round, had an OK low beam. Switch to high beam and it was just a spot projected down the road, no peripheral illumination at all. Pressing the 'pass' button on low beam showed the combined high and low which was a distinct improvement. Dealer mentioned this and that there was a wiring adapter in the pipeline when I had the test ride. Wasn't that hopeful given MV's record and state at the time but a few months later they came good with the loom adapter that had both low and high on at the same time when on high. Far better, why couldn't they have thought of this from the off, they took 3+ years to develop the bike...

11. Bumpkin, the mts had the same issue from day 1. I made and still sell from time to time a loom to fix this on the previous DVT bikes.
    First time I rode my bike at night country lanes were a nightmare without using the flasher.
    My car puts it's cornering lights on if I indicate, so wondered if the bike did too (would make sense, especially at slow speed, to see what your turning jnto)

12. Trouble is with this on a bike it would need to be a different set of lights as the cornering ones are angled appropriately. My car also activates the cornering lights on indicator and steering input too but as everything is more or less level in either situation it works OK.

13. Cars use indicators - really? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. The DVT cornering lights are activated when the bike's motion sensor detects the slightest turn in. However they light up an area quite close so they are good to find a lane way or side road when you're moving very slowly. They are pointed far too close to be of any use at normal road speed. They are very low power

15. Multi LED high beam is exactly the same. A single small spot with a dark shadow around it. Worst focused high beam I've ever seen, and impossible to adjust low enough

16. Well mine are bloody brilliant, had to adjust my 1200S down, but the 1260S has been great from the shop. I found both main beams are excellent

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yes they are brilliant. Only niggle is on a right hand lean you blind the poor tw-t coming towards you. Not a problem if he turns round to chase you as you are on a multi vroom seeya.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. As others said they are automatic.
    You will notice the effect more if you have a wall, road signs or hedge next to you as you turn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information