1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornwall & Devon Track Day Riders

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by MaxDec10, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Any guys from Cornwall, Devon or the South West in general interested in teaming up on track days to save on travel costs and to share the burden of nightmare 300+ mile drives to most tracks.

Anglesey is 408 miles from my house! :(

I've got the following booked:

Pembrey - 10 & 11th of June
    Anglesey - 4 & 5th July
    Keen to do Brands asap too.

2. if you could get a few days off stay in the midlands and do silvertone and donnington in the same week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yep, any two day combo would be good as slogging up to Donny for one day doesn't sound like best use of the van hire, diesel, and time etc.

If Donny, Silverston, Donny or Rockingham have dates that follow then ideal. I'll look into that.

4. Bedford Aerodrome is in the middle of that lot too.

5. @Cream_Revenge - good call. I'll probably keep West for these spring/early summer trips (Pembrey & Anglesey) as I can sling the kitesurfing kit in the van too.

6. I'm in Bristol and could probably accommodate one or two the night before, load the van and be off in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  7. And then there were two! :) Well done SimonT!

As mentioned in the original post, I've got the following in mind:

1, Castle Combe - Monday 5th June (Using MFM Track Hire)
    2, Pembrey - 10 & 11th of June
    3, Anglesey - 4 & 5th July (Jamie Whitham event)
    4, And at least 2-3 more in late July and Aug

Keen to hear ideas for other two day combinations also... Brands is a must at some point.

SimonT - if you send me a PM we'll go from there hey?

8. Castle Doom - no chance of passing the sound test unless you are on a restricted moped....

I've not dont Pembrey or Anglesey but heard good things - Anglesey a bit of a trek though.

Currently have the following booked.

30th May Donington

14th June Brands GP

29th June Silverstone

Want to get 1 or 2 more in per month in July, August and September

9. Donington and Oulton are nearly always Tuesday/Wednesday with Nolimits, and about 60mins apart.
    I've done a few doubles that way, and leaving Donington around 17:30 gives you time to get to Oulton and set your bike up in the garage before heading to a local B&B. I normally stay in Northwch, which is around 10mins away and there's a B&B there for around £35/night.
    If you fancied a 3dayer, NL normally do Silverstone on a Monday too, and that's around 1hr1/4 to Donington from there

10. Couple of years ago I did 2 days at Cadwell, day travel then 2 days at Anglesey.

Not quite as good or easy as just shipping your bike to Spain for 3 days on track but enjoyable all the same :)

11. Thanks Graeme. Useful to know about the No Limits days at Donny and Oulton.

I thought Pembrey would have been popular with guys from the south west as I hear it's a great circuit. Mike Edwards rates it as the second best UK circuit after Thruxton.

12. Mike Edwards has obviously had too many bumps on the head if he rates Pembrey above, Donington Park, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park, Brands Hatch GP, or Silverstone, mind you I may be a bit biased as I broke my ankle at Pembrey in 2004. :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Totally agree Bradders. If the Euro trips collected bikes from Bristol or similar I'd be booked on a few by now. Unfortunately, all the drop off / collection points are in the south east so a real ball ache for me as I'm not far from Lands End!

Bike hire is the only option so I'm looking at £750-£1000 just for bike hire.
    Add flights, track costs, grub etc and you're close to £2000. Not a problem in itself, but maybe not best use of those funds with summer hopefully round the corner.

14. Simon, hopefully the bikes will be back from Jerez in time for the Ducati day on the 30th, so see you there, same garage. :sunglasses::italy:

• Like Like x 1
  15. No limits euro days are drop off and pick up in Wooten basset, which is swindon M4 junction 16, so 30mins from Bristol
    And conveniently 5 mins from my house :)

16. Lots of combinations of events in the Midlands if you look at different track day providers on different days, Donington/Cadwell, Donington/Oulton, Donington/Silverstone, Cadwell/Oulton, two days at Cadwell including an evening session, the World is your Lobster.

17. A mate of mine travels up from Bugle for all his track day events, just got to get on with it.

18. H
    He must have been paid well for that!! Pembrey is OK, but its no Cadwell, Oulton or even Brands Hatch :)

19. Swindon is a regular pick up ;)

Check out Redline Trackdays, they will arrange a more local piece up for a fee if that helps. Decent company too, nothing like as corporate as the others

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information