1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Corroded Coils

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Just got my DVT in for the 19,000 mile Desmo service and thee dealer has recommended replacing the coil (£50 each) as they said they were showing signs of corrosion and could start to result in misfires. Anyone else had this?

I said go ahead as I've got extended warranty, at which they started ummming and ahhhing about if they were covered. I told them if they were faulty then they should be... let's see what happens.

Can anyone also confirm that they should strip down and clean the rear hub as part of this service? The service manager didn't seem to know.

2. Thanks but not sure if this is the Desmo service as it doesn't mention changing belts and checking valve clearances?

3. The link shows a DVT service schedule. It reads that at 18000 miles the valves need to be checked and adjusted and the belts changed, also it states check and lube the rear wheel shaft which I take to mean the eccentric hub (remove clean and grease).

Cheers
    TB

4. The corrosion on the outside of the coils should have no effect on their operation. If the dealer is going to replace them under warranty fair enough. If not I'd leave them until such time as they cause trouble, which could be never in your ownership of the bike. In the meantime clean off the corrosion and apply ACF50.

5. Sorry, my mistake for not reading properly

Do Not Sell My Personal Information