1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Corse ~ Damaged Right-hand Fairing

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Riviera81, May 3, 2020.

1. Hello all,

I'm giving consideration to purchasing an 848 CORSE which has the damage pictured on its right hand fairing. Due to lockdown I haven't been able to inspect the bike in-person and just have this photo provided by the seller. I have been advised that the bike hasn't gone down on its side.

Question is, as I wouldn't be able to 'live' with the damage, what is the best way of remedying it? Would others recommend the panel is resprayed, or is it best to replace it? Can they purchased in matching livery, or would it have to be painted and a decal set applied? Could anybody give an idea to costings? Does anybody have a mint used item available to purchase?

Lastly, what are peoples thoughts on 848 accommodation? I'm around 6'3" - will this series Ducati be too cramped for someone with my frame???

Sorry for the questions, but if I decide to purchase the bike, I'm doing so blind!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

848 fairing.jpg

2. Can’t help with the paint but I’m about the same height as you and had no problems with the 848. All the older Ducati sports bikes feel rough and uncomfortable but that’s just til you get used to them. The only way to get comfy on an older Ducati is to ride it frequently and try to avoid town speeds.

3. 6' 3" works for me. UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_183.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_187.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. 6' 3" here too with an 848 and get on just fine :), first time I sat on it felt tiny, a bit like a toy, but I like that lighter nimble aspect of it, would maybe change to a S1000RR in a few years and don't like the idea from what I've heard it will be a larger bike

5. Sounds like it will fit you ok. If the price is right get it bought or someone else will, in time you will get it sorted but you probably have to accept it won’t be a mint bike but if it was mint it would be 7-9k everything has a value if it’s cheap enough grab it as they are great bikes. Plenty of painters and plastic repairers out there. Could do with some better pictures though.

#5 Dirty Leeds, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
  6. Hi

I’m a bit of a short-arse at 5’9” and it still takes some adjusting to when you first get on it. As said before you do get used to the riding position after some time in the saddle. I still think this is the best paint scheme on one of the best looking Ducati’s in my opinion and yes I am biased! 3E057B49-6B17-45C2-AF68-21D802FD13B5.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. I bought the ex tri-options one above for 5500 in 2018 including two sets of wheels and stands. Upgraded suspension, rear-sets, brakes and zorsts. 100% reliable, Seemed like a bargain to me.
    Just had the frame re-painted, a total fluids re-fresh, suspension set up, belts and engine clearances.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kin ell I’m 5’3 and had two of them no problem....at 5’9 you are a giant if i See someone at 5’9 back of me head touches my heel

9. Thanks everyone for all your help and input! Feeling a bit more confident over my potential fit with the bike now!!!

If it weren't for the damage I already know about (also disclocked front mud guard!) I would be talking turkey and getting it bought however, due to knowing it already has issues from being miskept, I would much rather appraise it in-person before parting with folding and with this Lockdown, that's not possible.

The bike has covered under 6k miles with 5stamps in the service book (don't know yet whether they're all Ducati).

I would want to sort the fairing damage and put Termis on it.

I will see whether it's possible to get a video sent over of the bike to inspect it in more detail.

Thanks again for all your help guys!!!

10. That's a fantastic photo!

11. Thanks! Lake Guarda 2015.

12. I had similar damage on my 848 and got Ducati Manchester to repair it, it was a really good professional job but unfortunately they scratched it when putting it on and ended up getting me a replacement panel nevertheless would recommend them to repair

13. Many thanks for the advice!

This sold a couple of days ago on fleabay! Would've been perfect timing!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-8...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Do Not Sell My Personal Information