1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Cost To Change

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BigAlan, Feb 9, 2018.

1. So far I have only spoken to one dealer Motorapido but have two others to speak to locally.

So I have a July 16 S version bike with 3975 miles, main stand etc in White and to part exchange In for the standard version ie no Skyhook fancy dan suspension system they will give me £10500 for mine so I need to find £3935 for a new version in April.

I hate playing one dealer off another so have asked for “my” best deal and that’s that, I am not going around and around chasing a pound.

I suspect if I sell my bike privately I could get a better deal but nobody is buying bikes at the moment.

When I get costs from the other dealers I will let us all know.

#1 BigAlan, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Somehow part of the text got into the subject line so if an admin can sort it I would be grateful.

3. You're going to need a decent coat in this weather ! (sorry)

4. Edited, thanks

5. Difficult to follow this post. Are you saying you have both a Ducati and a KTM to sell? Or to buy? What sort of KTM?

6. Apologies, no ktm involved, my typing and crap iPad, and not checking it before I hit post.

Multistrada white 1200S in for a standard version.

7. I know it's not what you asked, but I would be interested to know how much they'd want to swap for an S with touring pack. My bikes similar to yours but with less mileage,3,000, and Riders Cardiff want £8,000 to swap.

8. I sort of got the impression that the figure of £10500 would be the price offered against anything.

Obviously they want to make a profit on mine as well when selling it but how much is anybody’s guess.

I am wondering if it’s worth at least attempting to sell my bike privately and see if I can get a few quid more.

9. Alan - you can edit title yourself, if you persevere somewhere in the edit mode, it does say something like "edit title" or similar somewhere. El Toro will correct/help me in a while :upyeah:

10. Believe me I have tried to find out how to edit the title, on her indoors iPad I can’t find it.

11. Why are you selling? Your extra budget won't get that much a better bike?

12. Because I like the write ups of the new bike, the quick shift up and down, the longer wheelbase but most importantly I have for the last 20 years always ha don’t new bikes, the one I have was not new when I got it but was owned by a female solicitor who did 800 miles.

I want a new one.

Just me really.

13. I ‘tried’ to deal with Cardiff branch of Riders, when I bought my Dvt, ( I live in Newport ) I found Bridgwater Riders much better to deal with, and did me a cracking deal on my Dvt, Cardiff weren’t intersted
    Edit:- not trying to turn this into slate the dealer thread btw, just my experience.

14. I will be at one of my local Ducati dealers on Tuesday afternoon having the brake recall done Andy I’ll see what deal they can do, this is On Yer Bike, there is another dealer in Abingdon to see.

I prefer to deal locally (ish) as warranty and servicing work is easier.

15. Unfortunately Justatad, you'd be leaning on an open door here. Don't know if recent staff changes will make any difference, here's hoping but not holding my breath.

16. Before I commit to a deal for a new bike and px mine in I thought I would try a cheeky Gumtree advert, you never know I sold my BMW last year in 2 hours.

17. I'm unclear whether you have edited the title or not.

18. I have not been able to edit the title, it should read “Cost to change” if possible.

19. I've done it for you but for future reference just go to the top of your post and you will see several headers including "thread tools", click on that. Then on the drop down menu click "edit thread" that brings up a box with the title in it. Edit the title to what you want and save it. Job jobbed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. So here's my dilema.

I really like my 2016 Pikes Peak, it's simply the best bike I have ever owned. So I could have really done without them bringing out an updated model. Because, new stuff, right?

I've added a few mods, full Termi, levers and a bit of powder coating. So I'm loathed to start again. However, I know when I take mine for a service, there will be an offer on the table to upgrade. I like the look of the new one and I like the non-brown engine cases and swingarm.

I think I'm going to use some man maths and treat my bike to a pair of these prior to the service:

[​IMG]

That way I can't afford to upgrade!

Makes perfect sense right??!!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information