1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cotswolds Trip

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Xfin999, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Hey, myself and a few mates are heading down to the Cotswold for the day on Sunday. We will probably be setting off from Melton Mowbray in the morning.

Currently planning the route. Anyone got any recommendations road wise?

2. It’s bumpy.

3. Go up it, turn round, go up again a little faster, then head for Bourton on the water for a coffee break , look out for the speed camera going into Bourton, maybe try the Swindon road, very fast and flowing, tbh what ever you choose there are plenty of good roads.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. If you haven’t used the Scenic app, you might want to check it out. You can programme your route into the app. You can also look up routes that people have saved.

5. You're either riding a chopper with saggy suspension at walking pace or haven't ridden there for 5 years...some of the worst roads I ride for condition. I live in the Cotswolds, and head left to Wales if I have more than an hour ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I'd agree with that, find the non main A roads. My usual run is A and B roads from Birdlip to Anyho (spelling) and Silverstone, then south and circle back on the A 40 oxford and dodge plod on a very, very quick A road.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I had a run from Tewkesbury to Stow then Cirencester to Stroud and back. Roads were shocking.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheers, I'll have a look at that. I've already started trying to map it out on google maps to see whats possible.

• Like Like x 1
  9. if the roads aren't brilliant is this route a bit adventurous?
    [​IMG]
    For context we're all on sports bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mostly ok. F to H I do most days in the winter in the car.

They are 90mph bumpy roads on a bike, lots of 50-80 mph corners and occasional 3 figure straight.

E to F had shingle or bare top most of the way at the mo

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. OK will skip the Stroud section and just cut accross the A417 and pick it up again from there. Good advice, thanks.

12. Scrub that! I thought it was Cirencester to birdlip. To Stroud should be ok :)

Trying to see map on phone while in Bmw motoraad dealer...

13. mind the roads in the cotswolds there full of pot holes!! its terrible.

14. I'm talking about cotswolds generally, not one stretch of tarmac about 1/4 mile long :expressionless:

I drive it at least one day a week. Its bumpy. Especially around Stow/centre of cotswold where all the holiday makers go, although they are starting to resurface the roads.

15. Is there something that you need to confess? :eek:

I don't get the Fish Hill thing... as part of a general route it's three bends on an incline, one of which goes on for a bit. The Cotswolds isn't somewhere I'd really go specifically to ride, sure I'll ride through it on the way to somewhere else rather than around it. Mid and North Wales on the other hand...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. I think you can transfer a Google route to the scenic app...

17. That’s one of the routes I regularly take.
    Fish hill is a must as is the back road from Cirencester to Cheltenham then through broadway.
    I love lechlade to burford also trough Fairford and bibury

• Like Like x 1
  18. Agree with Bradders... some crap surfaces but occasional sweet spots... usually lots of cycles and horseboxes at the weekend as well! I do the stroud ciren road on my commute (OK ish) .. watch out for cows on Minchinhampton common...can be all over the road (yes really). If you are going that way Stroud to Birdlip (B4070 via Slad) narrow and patchly surface.. but pretty if the timing is right, drop in to the Woolpack in Slad ... nice pub

• Like Like x 1
  19. We live in Cheshire tho so North Wales and the peaks is our go to regualr day out. A friend lives down in Melton so we thought it would be ok for something to do for a change on a lazy sunday after staying there on the saturday.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information