1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Cracked Rear Exhaust Header

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Jolley, May 23, 2017.

1. The bike got louder than usual earlier. When I checked I could see that the rear header pipe has sheared from the flange (follows exactly the edge of the weld). Anyone else had this, and what are my chances Of Ducati having any sympathy 2 months out of warranty?....
    IMG_6583.JPG

IMG_6584.JPG

2. I've got one if you need one

• Like Like x 1
  3. @Rjkc600 well I'll be dammed!

Never heard of this fault then the following day!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I may take you up on that.

I remember something popping up on a Facebook page a couple of months ago, because I think the chap was due to go on a trackday and was asking if anyone had a spare. So I assume it happened to someone else yesterday?

5. where are yo located? by the looks of the break it should tig weld back together no problem.

6. how many miles on the bike? i think I've seen a few of these pop up now recently, hope Ducati sort it for you.

7. He's been off-roading hasn't he..

8. Northampton. Maybe Ducati will sort me out with a spare.....

7,200. I'm not exactly hopeful of any help from ducati, despite this clearly being a fault.... I am 2 months out of warranty, and that is probably all the excuse they need.

9. Assuming your service history is main dealer up to date & you politely put your case forward, you may be pleasantly surprised.
    I'm sure there have been goodwill gestures/contributions for higher cost items well after warranty expiration.

Hope you get sorted.

10. Seems to be becoming more and more common. I'm waiting for mine to crack.

Anyone know how much Ducati charge for the part alone?

11. It had an early service a couple of weeks ago, and it used to be a Ducati UK owned bike.... so I would hope they don't question the servicing! ;)

12. It had an early service a couple of weeks ago, and it used to be a Ducati UK owned bike.... so I would hope they don't question the servicing! ;)

13. Can't imagine they will reject a claim. Not like it's consumable like discs or result of bike mods like an ecu. Good luck :)

14. Yeah but they take a whole summer to get back to you about it.

Efficiency isn't in their nature.

15. If this is becoming a regular accurance then should'nt Ducati be doing something about it? This type of thing would'nt happen on a £7k 3yr old Suzuki!

16. my 1199 been very loud recently , i better check it out.
    but my exhaust system is falling apart anyway, rattling, wobbling and so on... needs to be changed. i wrote a letter to ducati demanding new system - heard nothing back (4 weeks later) . i am fucking pissed off. premium priced bike. owned from new, serviced by the book, under 10k miles and exhaust is piece of shit quality. i think they owe me at least a polite reply - not just ignore me . very rude . fucking arrogant actually.
    none of my other bikes have this problem. I've done more then 10k miles on most of the bikes i owned and exhaust was always bullet proof. i own 5 ducati bikes at the moment . and i feel like they don't give a shit.
    if anyone from ducati uk actually read this forum : CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY TO LETTERS SENT TO YOU????

17. Go on to their twitter page and mention how useless they are on there. Will probably get a response after that.

18. Fair point, but think back to older Suzuki's. Frame cracking on K5 gsxr1000, frame cracking on TL1000 models.

The new Yamaha R1 had issues with its cassette style gearbox failing, locking up I think and could cause a serious accident. They recalled them all to replace, and it's a complete engine strip down to do it.

Yes the 1299 suffers issues, cracked header, cracked LCD to name a few.

The only issue really is Ducati's relaxed view on sorting warranty issues which isn't acceptable.

19. Good news. Ducati are going to give me a new header.

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information