1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Cracked Tft Dash

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by BladeRR8, May 17, 2018.

1. This happened overnight and no idea why.

Put the bike away after a ride and all good. Got the bike out the next day and found the screen cracked.

Gutted and no idea what caused it but apparently it's a known issue.

Anyone on hear had similar issues?

20180515_201222.jpg

2. They all do that. That one’s a bit worse than mine though... unlucky

3. What course is it do you know ?

Will it get worse in your experience?

4. Yep, me too. Mine mysteriously appeared overnight as if some crack faeries dropped by. Happened on my 1198 too.

5. Take it back to your dealer and ask for a good will gesture, assuming you have service history...
    If you do get new clocks from Italy,your dealer can store all your data on clocks and re-prog your new one..

6. You will find that direct sunlight(When on a stop for lunch etc) on your ride out done it, and it then suddenly cooled on your trip back home(crack) and you only noticed later on...
    Im now getting mine fixed, then getting the screen cover, similar to an iPhone,and then covering the clocks on a sunny day with my visor rag....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Me too, mines been changed under warranty then it happened again after a long ride in the sun! pain in the ar**

8. There were issues with the early 1199 dashes and condensation, so mine was replaced 3 times. They never adjusted the mileage.

My 1199 now has a tiny crack on the bottom left hand corner.

9. I was told the dealers couldn't reflash with the original mileage

10. Has anyone been successful with an out of warranty good will claim?

What was the outcome?

1. Ducati refused
    2. Ducati repaired at their expense.
    3. Ducati supplied the part and owner had to pay for Labour?

11. Seems that this is common. A few cracks have appeared on my 959 dash [late 2016 bike].
    What's the process for a replacement?
    Is it just a case of reporting it to the place the bike was originally sold from and they send out a replacement?
    Is there a new part number so the new dash doesn't suffer the same fate?
    Cheers,
    Bob

12. Report it to your dealer. My 1199 originally had condensation issues in the dash. It was replaced twice within the warranty period. With it now being almost 6 years old, I doubt they'd replace if foc. It has a small crack may be 5mm in length just off the main TFT. I'm not overly concerned about it just now. If it gets worse, I'll have a word with them to see if they can do anything for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not true on the 1299. I had mine replaced under warranty (horizontal line of faulty pixels) and the old odometer value was transferred to the new unit.

14. Surely the dash, being the very important element and legal requirement for a road going vehicle that it is, would be covered by something?

If not just the expectation that it should be of satisfactory quality and therefore somehow fall within the sales of goods act?

It's not a one off is it, which would point towards manufacturing defects and it not being fit for purpose.

To be honest I'm surprised that Ducati have winged things thus far with a range of continuous and public manufacturing problems they have (fuel sender's, heated grips, screens, exhaust valves etc)

I'd be surprised if an out of warranty claim was rejected

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. My understanding is that a re-flash is not required as the milage is stored elsewhere [ECU ??], and only displayed on the dash ?
    I might be talking nonsense :)
    Bob

16. Will do next week. I update with their response :)
    Bob

17. I suppose it’s just a matter of ‘how far will the customer take this’.

My crank failure had to be independently analysed by an external party. Up until then, I was being told it was a one off, user fault. It was only once the independent report came in, stating there were numerous cases of similar failures and that it was a manufacturing defect, that I got paid out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Which dealer did this for you ?

19. Cornerspeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. One of the best :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information