1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Crash Bars

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by donkeydoo, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Hi again,

Does anyone have any experience of crash bars/bobbins etc on the scrambler or are they all a waste of time and pain.

Just looking for some protection in case of it falling over at stand still or low speed....

cheers

2. Buy the Evotech crash bobbins for the main frame if you are after protection from the odd drop..

3. I have these and was punted off the bike last summer by a woman in a car. The evotech frame bobbins and axle bobbins meant that the only damage was a scuff on the bar end, front axle bobbin, frame bobbin and mirror. Evotech sold me single replacement bobbins as spares. I was very impressed.

4. Be careful fitting though. You replace a main engine mounting bolt and if you’re clumsy doing this then you can crack the engine case. Supporting the engine is important when fitting.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I’ve got R&G on the cafe racer, same principle as the Evotech mentioned by @Simon Audi above just a different shape. Also had them on my dvt which saved the water pump casing when I tipped it over in the drive! Certainly worth it in my opinion :)

6. Are they easy to fit and do I have to support the engine, ie when I remove the mounting bolt will it drop out? cheers

7. Yes best support engine as it makes it easier to get bolt / bar in and out

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I used a block of wood, nothing fancy, feed the R&G bolt In to push the original bolt out, easy peasy!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information