1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crutchlow's Sniping

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Robarano, Sep 22, 2019.

1. I have to say, I'm beginning to find Crutchlow an unpleasant individual.

He always seems to be slagging other riders off and has a very high opinion of himself.His latest target seems to be Lorenzo. A couple of weeks ago he was talking about riders willing to ride through pain while injured and said something along the lines of "Except Lorenzo". Today Bradley Smith was being interviewed on the grid, with Lorenzo directly in front of him. He said "Cal's said I have to overtake George the Mexican" (or very similar). Now whatever you think of Lorenzo, he is a 5 times world champion and I've never detected any nastiness towards other riders. Crutchlow also seems to have some problem with Nakagami now that he's starting to beat him.

I never liked his smart arse comments on the grid, but thought he was just playing up for the cameras. I guess it wasn't a game and he's just a knob after all. The less he's in front of the cameras now, the better.

This is not a case of us British prefering the plucky underdog that never wins as until recently I wanted him to win because he was British. Now I'd rather anybody else won but him.

#1 Robarano, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 18
  2. The blokes a cock who thinks he could of been a premier league footballer. Chip on his shoulder for sure. His old mans a massive dickhead as well as I had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting the pair of em at jhp one day. John hacket was dealing with them and bought them in to engine room when I was in there discussing things.
    Odious pair of cunts

• Useful Useful x 3
  3. I caught that comment too. Thought it was funny tbh

4. Context is everything and it would have been funny, if coming from the context of a friend. But you can tell there was no friendly banter in that. Just bile and spite.

#4 Robarano, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2019
  5. Crashlow seems to do little else but blame the machinery nowadays. He constantly moans about it and the record's been stuck for so long, it's wearisome to have to listen to him in just about any interview. I don't doubt he would wipe the floor with most if not all fast trackday riders if placed on equal machinery but that is not who he's competing against. His biggest opponent is his attitude.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Retirement beckons?

7. Had too much smoke blown up his arse back in wss days buy jack barnacle and Whitman. He believed his own hype and still does to this day. I bet he used to watch races back on video just to hear jack saying about those steely eyes of crutchlow on that Yamaha.
    You know as a kid he would have had the best trainers and football boots.

8. Never rated Cruthlow or Redding or Davis there all wingers not even good BSB level riders
    Cal's becoming an embarrassment he should retire ASAP

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah you're right. Redding has sunk without trace in BSB... whatever happened to him? I was watching the racing at Assen today, not a mention of him. What's he even riding these days? One of those Italian bikes? Benelli?

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  10. He would on far less capable machinery than said trackday rider. Every one of them.

I liked his comment when asked about Marc’s data: paraphrasing, no point, he does stuff no one else can do, so he’s better looking at data of the other Honda riders. I suspect from his tone he was having a dig at Mexican George. (You know that’s gonna stick!!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cal racing

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Is that Cat Crutchlow or Cal Catslow? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Those stealy eyes which are saying “stop staring at me I’m trying to take a shit”

14. Is that cal in meowto gp? “I’ll get my coat”

15. TBH matey, with that one, you can get everyone’s coat!

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. Another Moto GP waste of a set of leathers is Jaylo HRC should ditch him pay him off then go to KTM and buy Zarco contract

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. As he's British I feel like I should like Crutchlow but just cannot warm to the guy. Weird thing is the team's he rides for love him, go figure.

Lorenzo did for Yamaha and Ducati, I think his belief in himself means he don't have to take any shit from Puig but simply tell honda what he wants and then he'll give them the results. He's in no rush, he won't quit the contract unless Honda pay him off.

TB

18. I don’t think Zarco needs to be bought off?

19. They said in commentary that ktm have said he can go now for a testing job and they will still pay this years contract. Makes you wonder in Honda did that and let him test, dump jlo and Zarco starts 2020 on a bike he has already done thousands of miles on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I too find him hard to like.
    Sometimes he shows some humility but the arrogance keeps breaking through.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information