1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruthlow Leaves Ducati

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Ducati Corse and Cal Crutchlow terminate contract ahead of 2015

Despite announcing at WDW that he would be riding for Ducati again in 2015, Ducati Corse announced today that it has reached an agreement with its factory rider Cal Crutchlow to terminate, ahead of time, the contract that ties the British rider to the Italian team in MotoGP for 2014 and also for next season.
    The two factory Ducati Team riders for 2015 will now be Andrea Dovizioso and Andrea Iannone.

Read the whole post here.

2. Quelle surprise :p

3. you need to spell crutchlow on the title correctly....doh!

4. Looks like the 2015 Title is off the cards for Ducati then...

5. Probably good news all round. Can't think that either party was particularly happy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Totally agree with above,I can't even look at him ,winges
    like a premiership footballer.

7. Reading that does that mean he is out for the rest of 2014 too? It says 'terminate, ahead of time, the contract that ties the British rider to the Italian team in MotoGP for 2014 and also for next season.'

8. Hmmm, so where now for Cal?

I hope that his mouth hasn't just talked him out of Ducati but out of the paddock as well

9. They've sacked the whining twat. He's course and gobby, Italian culture hates that stuff. And he keeps busting their rather expensive bikes. IOM TT?

10. Hardly surprising, I believe he speaks honestly and openly (whinging as some would call it) but corporate culture these days dictates that's not allowed. Hopefully, it will suit both parties.

11. They had to issue some clarification......Cal stays with Ducati till the end of this season.....I wonder how he'll get on with the GP13 !!

Soup :: Ducati: Crutchlow Will Race Remainder Of '14 :: 08-02-2014

#11 Il Presidente, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  12. Crazy as it sounds,but I'm not even looking for Ducati to win races yet,what would make me truly happy is to see a decent rider in both character and ability try his best,and crucially to see Ducati making progress up the finishing order,with the personnel and links of Audi , this will be a great development for the next generation of ducats and audis too. I feel Dovi is making progress,and without being an arsehole in the process. Call me old fashioned but manners and dignity are free.

C
    [​IMG]

#12 michel couque, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  13. No point flogging a dead horse - from either party's point of view.

14. what like foggy...........

15. Just hope Redding gets the other satellite Honda next year,would be good to see the brits on the half fat versions,my monies on Mr Redding leading the way for the brits.

16. Difference was Foggy did a lot of winning.

I don't remember him complaining about his bike. Maybe because it was the best one on the grid at the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I was more surprised that he was staying for a 2nd year in the 1st place. Always thought Dovi and Crazy Jo would be in the Factory squad for 2015 anyway. The biggest question is who'll be at Pramac next season and whether Ducati would supply/ lease 2 more bikes to another team(as mentioned somewhere else)?

#17 samieb, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  18. My point exactly, so they dont like corse and gobby people that are against their culture..................except if they are winning...

and it was the best bike on the grid at the time ......by around 250cc......:cool:

19. Iannone has proven himself on the Pramac, he should be a great partner for Dovi. Its a real shame about Cal though, but at the time the Ducati was the only viable seat available, so you can hardly blame him. He certainly appears to have graduated from the Casey Stoner school of PR though, the only difference is Stoner won the title. Twice.
    Doesn't stop me wanting to see him on the podium though

• Like Like x 1
  20. I've never been fond of Mr Crashlow, but I do hope that he gets a satellite ride and I don't mean on a bike.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information