1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ctek Vs Noco

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RC1, Jan 23, 2022.

1. ok so this is deep as it talks to my brand loyalty issues

ive always used cteks for the cars and bikes. over xmas i had an issue with a flat battery so bought a noco product. it impressed me a lot

now i need to get a charger for my shido lithium ion battery and it looks to me like the noco options are better than ctek options

am i right to compare the ctek mxs 5.0 with the noco genius 5? if so, of the two, only the noco charges the li-ion battery. the li-io option in the ctek range is the rather pricey lithium xs?

also, do noco make an in situ cable that stays on the battery but has status leds like the ctek? i cannot see one and that might be a deal breaker. i find the status leds reassuring and almost hypnotic

ive got no reason other than the recent addition of a li-on battery to switch but just keen to see what others have done as i expect im not the first

2. I bought noco as it could do every battery I could possibly own, I could easily get different connectors and it’s worked brilliantly on my 911 that eats batteries like I’d eat Maltesers in a sweet shop

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. 911.... tell me more

4. but does the noco give you those status leds is what i want to know

5. You don't need the 5 for a bike although it's a great bit of kit. I have two but the 2 is ideal for a modern bike, it does AGM and LiPO and has status lights. I recently bought the two gang NOCO 2, great bit of kit. Andy

6. I’ve got a noco on my gixxer and a ctek on the Aston.

They both work. Both have status thingy bobs. Both have connectors.

no real difference to me.

7. Yes. Also tells you if it’s buggerred and time for new battery.

8. Any chance for a photo….lovely standard narrow body low miles early 996
    FF85F0ED-0BF0-45DE-9272-0CC0AFBF2489.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  9. lovely thing that... ive a 997.1 gt3 cs which i took out today for first time in weeks but shat myself as it was 5 degrees and its wearing cup 2s

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Oh very nice!! Different level to my old banger!

11. pork is pork

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Does it? You should get that checked out. Sounds like a ground fault going on.

13. Apparently ‘ they all do that sir’

In my world that is 3 months sat on drive with no charger or use. Will go flat.

14. Ah ok, maybe. Mine are always garaged with trickle charger.

• Like Like x 1
  15. So is mine now I have garage it fits in. On a noco 5 charger ;)

• Like Like x 1

16. My Aston goes flat in a week if it’s not on charge :laughing:

they all do apparently. My sisters does as well.

17. oooo, pics of the clubby

18. No problems with mine, got in it yesterday for the first time in two weeks without being driven or charged and fired straight up no problems.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have a Noco g7200 (capable of Lithium and Lead Acid), which I bought over 2 years ago. It has a permanent plug in cable attached to the battery and the Noco is connected all the time the Bike is in the shed and offers the status lights on the main unit. Extremely happy with it.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.58.00.png

20. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Enough with bastard trickle chargers. Jeeezus….

Fucking trickle chargers. Pah!!

Pfff… kinell man…

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information