1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Customer Support Help

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by David Lane, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Hi I hope someone can give me some assistance.
    I recently had a side stand bracket fail completely and snap on my X-Diavel S. Luckily I was close by and managed to grab it befor too much damage was done.
    Even so I have a rip in the seat, scratches to the wing mirror and a complete new side stand unit to replace. The dealer workshop have replaced the sidestand, but on checking found the bike was ONE DAY outside the warranty when it happened.
    As the claim is so unusual they have contacted Ducati UK to see if they would absorb the cost of repair. I would even accept a split for me to pay the labour and Ducati carry the parts only. But as yet Ducati have failed to respond.
    I have tried to contact Ducati UK myself but every e-mail bounces back as "not accepted" by the recipient (as oppsoed to "undeliverable")
    The dealer reckons that Ducati UK Customer Care have no direct e-mail (really???) but has given me a number to call. Before I do that can anyone offer advice on
    1) anyone else suffered a similar snapped side stand
    2) had issues contacting Ducati UK
    3) had to deal with out-of-warranty claims
    Many thanks in anticipation
    Dave

2. Email I spoke with before

[email protected]

I believe as long as the bike has service history - Ducati are good supporting their customers just outside of warranty...

So suggest you be nice calm and ask if they could help..

3. Many thanks Simon,
    I always believe polite & calm is the best way to open a discussion, and I'd be shocked if Ducati didn't offer me something given the low mileage & service history.
    Ill e-mail them when I get back from Belgium.

4. Perhaps point out that the fault would have started to develop within the warranty period, unlikely to have just snapped like a twig on the spur of the moment. It just so happened that it manifested itself 1 day after.

5. @El Toro, surely this should be in Diavels sub forum ????

Good luck OP

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks. Thread moved.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I can’t be 100% certain but I believe my XDIAVEL S had its side stand replaced / altered as a recall item at the same time it was recalled for its front sprocket nut.

8. Great idea thank you

9. the Gen 1 Diavel's had a recall for side stand replacement after they were breaking off at the bolt, the X is a different bike but looks like Ducati have made the same mistake in design or materials selection.

10. Thank you that’s Betty useful. There have been a couple of recalls done whilst the bike was in for servicing but I don’t recall side stand being amongst them

11. Thank you for everyone's input. It's been really helpful.

Just to give you an update. I sent a polite e-mail to Customer Service and had a very quick reply from Tony Cowley who promised to investigate.
    However it seems that while the workshop had told me they had already submitted a goodwill warranty claim, they had done no such thing. They gave the reason to Tony that as no discernible fault could be found for the side stand failure, they couldn't raise a warranty claim through Ducati UK. Personally I would've thought that was exactly the reason why it should be sent for review - to establish why it failed and if others are likely to do the same.

I can understand why Ducati UK can't do much more (specially as the warranty expired in April) and would have accepted that, but am pretty hacked off that Ducati Croydon can be saying one thing to me and the exact opposite to them. That's diabolical customer service in my opinion.

It's all left an extremely bad impression with me, and I'll be thinking carefully about my options when the PCP finishes next April
    Thanks again for everyone's help

Do Not Sell My Personal Information