1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Cut-out At 30mph

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by jamie_niall, May 25, 2017.

1. Just wondering if anyone else has had this:

Rode my bike today and left it in the baking sun for 2 hours. When I left the bike it didn't have the low fuel light on (and thinking back I wouldn't have expected it to as it had only done a few miles since being re-filled).

When I hopped back on the bike it started fine but the fuel light was on. Rode it for 4 miles with the light on, then 'pop'. The bike gave an almighty bang at 30 mph (backfire I'm guessing) and just cut out.

Coasted to the side of the rode, restarted it, fuel light disappeared (and stayed off) and then rode it 2 more miles back home.

Rung its neck on the stretch home with no problems.

The bike has done 1300 miles total and only 150 since last service - all without fault.

Thinking it may be caused by gas expansion/fuel vapour? It was +29°c in York today, so who knows how hot the fuel lines got?!

Any thoughts? Just wondering if I should take it to the dealer or write it off as a one off?

2. Sounds very similar to the almighty blow back that I had when I took the 1198 for its MOT a couple of months ago... been back to the dealer since then to have an oil leak fixed (not related) and mentioned it so they could give a once over which nothing untoward was noted. Not happened since either.

Could be just a one off like mine was...

3. I vaguely remember hearing something similar a while back but the tanks have what I believe is a breather hose that routes next to the overfill hose underneath the tank on the front right hand side?

4. Yeah - do too.

Was that not only when the tank had been taken off though? Would it not have manifested before now?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information