1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Cut Out

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by yev, Dec 17, 2014.

1. engine cut off this evening while filtering on the way home from work. managed to pull on the side , restarted bike and rode off. googled it and looks like few people reporting similar problem, but none has any explanation.

any ideas?

2. mine was a part squashed pipe under fuel tank , didn't allow to breath , but did it from new,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Funny that, only the other day when I had my tank off I noticed the same. The breather and the overflow pipe common up using a Y piece which then joins into a single pipe taking it to the bottom of the radiator.
    This Y piece was crushed, preventing breathing or draining. In fact I could see no way it could be fitted without crushing. Because of this I removed the Y piece and fitted the single piece to the overflow and left the breather pipe without an extension on it. Ideally 2 pieces of extension pipe would be the answer.

Davy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Couple of months back I was riding back from work and as i was slowing to the traffic lights coming down the gears the bike made a weired sound and cut out. Managed to pull in safely, started the bike back up and I couldnt get it to do it again. I took it to Ducati Coventry as soon as i could but they couldnt find anything wrong and they also contacted Ducati Italy but they didnt have any suggestions to the fault. They gave it me back and said if it happens again bring it straight back but lts not happened again thankfully.

Best bet take it to your local dealer and get them to have a look over it.

5. :eek:
    Had my MY2012 1199 from new, done 6k miles and it's cut out on 3 separate occasions. With a fair few miles between each. Last time was about 500 miles ago pulling up to lights as already mentioned. Local dealer can't find any fault codes in the diagnostics so no rhyme or reason found I'm afraid

6. Mine does it too....(MY2014) often after a thrash and then slow down and clutch in before stop, or sometimes when in busy stop start town traffic and engine gets hot it will die.. again, it happens when clutch in before stop. Usually starts up again without too much praying, although it can be a bit shy if anyone is watching..... leading to red face behind dark visor.

7. Ive had the same issue on my 1199R from new but now its run in it has totally dissappeared. Ducati told me it was a running in thing! since ive got over a 1000 miles its totally gone.

8. I've had this a few times on my K13
    Doesn't seem it's just a Ducati gremlin
    Also no fault codes thrown

9. Good to see you back jimmy

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. It's off last year Mc 7 , anyways he's in hiding Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. He l b back stu for sure heard bm forums crack ain't as good .

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I had this on my 2013 base, several times, took it to dealer and the Ducati mechanic adjusted the TPS and it hasn't done it since. HTH

13. Just got my 899 back from the shop for similar issues and the year revision. One of the exhaust valves was totally shut off not allowing air out. I think I've been having this issue since I bought it cause it's riding like never before.

14. Interesting. My 1199R is still running in (just completed the first 1,000km/620 miles) and it has done this now 4 times. Consistent with the above experience.

15. Thoughts..... I wonder if the slipper-clutch's self tightening facility might occasionally stay stuck on, effectively locking the transmission in gear before being wrenched back out by shear force.... that would give similar symptoms and noises I believe ? I have had engine stalling when it is pretty hot and I'm trying to chunter around a tight turn or mini roundabout. It happens with no warning and leaves one stationary in mid traffic flow, struggling to leg it to a curb with the clutch pulled in and sweat bucketing out of one's helmet ( ! ) . It isn't as if I'm not used to coasting and clutch slipping to negotiate the slow stuff, but this manages to catch me out occasionally.

16. happened again this morning. was filtering at speed on dual carriageway on the way to work this morning, slowed down at the front of traffic light cue and the fucker just died right when light gone green and everyone started moving left and right of me. to say it wasn't nice is understatement

17. Mine did it a couple of times when I first had it but has been totally fine after the ECU remap.

18. all my ducatis have cut out from time to time. most recent, last week end, just ticking over, it stopped as if the kill had been switched, never before of since!

19. Was there ever a fix found for this as mine just did exactly the same

Do Not Sell My Personal Information