1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cylinder Head 750ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Coupe58, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me if a 1992 horizontal cylinder 750ss head will fit straight on 1997 model as looking for replacement as mine had a busted valve and not to sure if earlier models are same;would prefer to source 1997 barrel and head if anyone has one ?Thanks Terry

2. I think a 92 one would be OK, but IIRC the valve sizes may be a bit different.

I suggest a quick call to Craig at Moto Rapido to get a check on 92 and 97 part numbers would be worth it.

3. Thanks will do.

4. I have just found a Ducati part diagram microfiche extract for the horizontal cyclinder head which Craig at Moto Rapido sent me when I wanted the tacho drive parts. It is for 750 SS 1991 - 1997. So it seems they are all the same - but I still have a feeling there was something diffrent about the valve sizes, even though the microfiche suggests there wasn't.

5. The 750 has the same valve sizes for all years but from the '92 on the valve guides were aluminium bronze instead of cast iron.
    Monster 900 heads for '97 however were fitted with smaller 750 inlet valves, the ones with the bigger inlet valves are stamped "V2"

6. Thanks Derek - I knew there was something about the valves that was different - valve stems rings a bell.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information