1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT D Air Fault

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, May 15, 2017.

1. When I bought my DVT I wanted an S in Red and my dealer only had a D Air, but he sold it to me for the same price so I thought why not...

I started getting error lights about the D Air a few months ago, generally when I started it up on the side stand, if I restarted it when I was sitting on the bike the error would go away.

However about 6 weeks ago the fault light came on and stayed on. The dealer hadn't seen this fault code before (even Ducati asked for additional diagnostic information to be sent to them).

I was finally told they needed a new part (personally I suspect it's something to do with the tip over switch?). The part was out of stock and I was told it would be in by 17th May, chased again today and I'm now told 26th May at Ducati, plus a few more days to get it to P&H, then I'll probably have to wait even longer to get it fitted in their workshop!

As I'm off to France and Spain on the 1st June I'll have to put up with the glaring fault lights shining in my eyes for the whole trip!

Anyone have a contact at Ducati UK that I can complain to, or have a way of just switching the damn thing off?

Otherwise I'll resort to black tape

2. Tape over the warning light. :wink:

3. Helpful reply... but an email for Ducati GB customer service would be more use!

4. Sorry, couldn't help it. With regards to Ducati customer service, when I had my broken multi, they seemed to run a pretty strict 'contact' route.

Everything must be done via a dealer. I had no joy with my dealer so went via every route I could and the only one that got me any closer was when an Italian lady from Ducati Bologna called me. She told me to go through the dealer. In the end I had to go via an independent and get the bike declared not fit for purpose / faulty manufacturing.

Dealer may be the only way to go as they don't want to/won't talk to the end user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Hi,
    same problem. Started a few weeks back.(early April). Intermittent at first - permanent a fews days later.
    Already a few visits to Ducati since. Problem is actually known to Ducati as the technician had info and pictures on his laptop about the weak parts that broke and apparently keep braking sent by Ducati. (cable and sensor front left). I am in the same boat as you. Awaiting parts.
    Keep running with minimum fuel.......so you have matching orange lights...

• Like Like x 1
  6. It just ticks me off, on my trip last year I had to run with a faulty fuel gauge for the whole trip!

Even if they had a way of turning the damn thing off?

7. It wouldn't be the warning light I'd be worried about :laughing:

!!.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Luckily I never bother to buy the jacket!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information