1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Daft Lights Question

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by PeteW, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Is main beam on the left (h3 bulb & big magnifier lense in headlight) or on the right (h1 bulb) ? When I say 'left' I mean when sat on the bike. When I switch on my main beam, the bulb on the right comes on, but I don't think this is correct... Think the wires have been swapped at some point in the past. I've got black & yellow (dipped) going to the left bulb. Looks like I've been blinding everyone for the past few months...

And why does an H3 bulb have the wire? What's the point of that?

2. Dipped left, main beam right your lights are correct :upyeah:

3. Weird. I took another look at the owner's manual and it puts the high beam on the left, and low beam on the right ! Haynes manual too, though not as clearly. I'm completely confused now.

headlights.jpg

4. Absolutely, but I'm not surprised the owners manual is wrong, according to mine my 916 has a 520w (3-phase) alternator.

for those who don't know, all 916 have 350w single-phase, the 3-phase arrived with the 996 and 748 of that era.

5. This might be a simple mistake, continental light setup! confusion! although it should be the same only with the dip going to the right.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information