1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dainese “in” Boots

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Wull, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Does anyone have experience with these boots? What was the fit like, especially in comparison to Alpinestars, Sidi etc?

Also what was the feel in and around the ankle like?

I’ve finally purchased a pair to compliment my Dainese suit and I think the different feel around the ankle because of the design is making me think they might be too big. Will decide later and purchase another pair one size smaller and then send back whichever ones don’t fit.

2. I have a pair & was quite surprised when trying on before purchasing as I usually go one size up in motorcycle boots but the best fit for me was my actual shoe size. Had mine for over a year now - great boots on & off the bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have them and theyre comfy enough. Not daytona gtx comfy but their ok. The rear zip is weak tho.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I really like mine for track riding. I can get my toes on the end of the foot peg and have my bent leg at right angles to the bike much easier than normal race boots.They are also easier to walk in afterwards.

5. I have had mine for about 4 years now, they are a cracking fit but must admit im pleased to get them off at the end of a track day. I wear them under my Kevlar jeans as well.

6. i am on my 3rd set now,
    the second set zip let go, but only after a crash, so no issues there..
    i prefer them to my alpinestars now as they feel less clumsy

7. Tried the short type on in store and they felt awful around my ankle (basically rigid) so went with the long 'in' ones that are more normal boot sized but still go inside the leathers and have the velcro top

8. Adding my +1. Like them a lot. Took a bit of breaking in though.

9. I need to get a pair as my new air bag suit requires in boots evidently.

10. Yep, good fit, comfortable and versatile. They could do with a little more sole thickness for the front lip IMO (where the sole meets the toe section), but would buy again.

11. Fit was nice, but best boots I've ever had were puma v1000, perfect boot until you want to get them off.....

12. Agree, Dainese zips are CRAP, I've got Dainese two piece leathers, boots and ski jacket.They have all had zips fail. As the items were all bought within a few months of each other and as the zips didn't start failing until a couple of years old I got caught out big time. Spent nice few quid having good quality replacements fitted and had no more problems.

13. +1 on the greatness of these boots, they are stiff and take time to bed in, I think sh*t zips is an Italian "feature" as I had one go in my A* supertech R's and one on my jacket after a month.. All great kit, just crap zips and pull ties...

14. I bought a pair of these in boots, First dianese boots ive had and hated the fit and way they secured, As said the zips are crap, I got rid soon after, My Alpinestar's are league's ahead imo, Just bought a pair of Ducati branded TCX Corsa 2's that were for sale on the forum and there very nice, If its the in's you require there isn't a lot of choice,
    Maybe you will like them. Quite a few on here seem to

15. Yesterday my 11mnth old sets zip went. Now i have two sets with fucked zips. I cannot recommend these boots. Why they use nylon zips is anyones guess. Dainese will be getting an email.

16. Urgh. That’s not great... did the zip burst or stitching let go?

17. The zip burst, the same as my old set. The teeth seem to get abuse from the leathers, whci are dainese and designed to go together.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Poor design then. I’ve not had bother with mine. Feel now like it’s when rather than if. You have the Axial or the Torque?

19. Both sets were 'Axial Pro's'

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Mine are the Torques... will monitor.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information