1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dainese Axial Boots Are 'in'

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Freerange_egg, May 4, 2021.

1. Has anyone used Dainese Axial boots that go under your trousers? What are they like? And will they fit under any leathers, or do non-Dainese trousers need adjusting to fit the boots under them?

This season, I noticed that Dainese has a couple of waterproof ‘in’ boots: the Axial Gore-Tex boots (eye-watering price, but carbon-and-aramid inner shell) and Sport Master Gore-Tex boots. Has anyone seen them in the leather?

2. I think they’ve been ‘in’ for years haven’t they? Rossi’s been wearing them a good while now...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I have been wearing them for a while now on track. I wear mine outside because I don't have the "outside" type leathers.

Two observations; They are very comfortable and do not need oiling to get rid of the squeaks.

They also crash quite well.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1bc1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Yes, I use them. I'm on my 3rd pair. Each and every one has had the rear zips replaced. So budget for that on top once they fuck up. They will. Fortunately I have ninelives nr mates house and Chris does these replacement zips. Which reminds me as my current pair need doing. I can only go halfway up left leg, wherupon the zip lost more teeth than that guy from that tiger show.

As my dainese are for in boots, im stuck with it for now. Using the troosers with normal boots doesnt work as the shin and knee are built in and it makes normal boots look weird.

I will be returning to Furygan and Daytona. I asked Dainese for a contribution and they said eff off in italian. So fuck em.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. They don’t work very well with leathers that aren’t designed to accept them.

you’ll either have to wear them as outies, or get the gaffer tape out

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. I might have a look at those Sport Master Gore Tex boots, I’m currently using some Dainese Torque in boots, not billed as waterproof but I’m amazed they keep as much out as they do, mind you I always give them a good coating of leather grease before any trip.

Surprised that those Sport Master don’t have the Velcro on the shin that connects onto the inside of your leathers like?
    Like you bootsam I’ve had a few zips jam up on them, where it’s positioned at the back of the boot it seems prone to filling with road dirt and jamming up, also they tend to kink in a funny shape just past the heel, when it feels the zip getting stiff to operate I give them a good clean and grease to keep them running freely, ..seems to work okay so far :upyeah:

7. Good point Adam, forgot to mention that the Dainese pants have two sets of zips at the calf, you have to open the short zip to expand the leg enough to fit over the “in” type boots, personally I love this setup and could not return to normal leathers inside of boots, just reminds me of putting wellies on,...also when it rains all the water gets channeled inside your boots,....design flaw ;) !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I’ve been using the Dainese race Pro inner boots for the last 3 years! It was a hard transition from Alpinestars GPS that I’ve worn since the first carnation. Not going to lie there not as comfortable as the GP’s and took ages to break in! But now they have I really rate them. So much more ankle movement without compromising protection. Very lightweight, super strong structure. Also great for using under your Kevlar jeans. Still not quite as comfortable as the GP’s if your walking around more. They are definitely more geared for just being on the bike..... Couldn’t go back to a traditional boot now! So I’m converted :upyeah: Hope that helps....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I went from Dianese boots to Alpinestars super duper tech R’s. And I won’t be switching back anytime soon. The super tech R’s are a bit of a twat to zip up when new but I find them by far the most comfortable boot I’ve bought.

10. Bejus the world is flat, I find myself agreeing with unhinged.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Everyone does eventually ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. It’s ok there’s a loaded revolver in the library........

13. In the library? Hope it’s got a silencer...

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Or you agree with everyone else eventually :p

15. Bought some Axial Ins last year, most comfortable boots I’ve ever worn but won’t fit under my older Dainese leathers. They do fit under my jeans nicely though.

16. Got some torque ins, I like them but they are tight at the top and not as comfy as my A* SMX6 (which although a budget boot have been bloody brilliant and like slippers, but getting a bit worn out). The Dainese boots seem to unzip themselves too, which unnerves me... don't want to lose a boot if I have a whoopsie.

Generally find Dainese textiles great, their leathers are nice but don't suit me and things like the cuffs are badly finished with sharp threads etc their gloves are a bit hit and miss too for me. A* stuff generally fits well and lasts pretty well too.

Must admit I'm a bit of an RST convert lately.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Nah, there are my opinions and wrong opinions :D

• Funny Funny x 1

18. I run supertechs.

I’m fairly sure they’re made out of a Chinese copy of feta cheese.

However I forgive them as they’re so comfortable !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I had some Supertech R's many years ago, the only boot that I've broke bones in, needless to say after that they went straight in the bin and there was hardly any damage, comfy yes, protection none in my experience.

I've always been a Sidi guy, but tried the AStars for a change, but I've now converted to the Axial D1 Airs, but you do need leathers that go over then. From the ankle up they are much thinner, it's only material from that point with some armour on the inside, carbon, plastic etc. I have some Dainese leathers which have velcro inside of the legs which velcros to the boot once fitted.

The boots are a bit of a pig to get on as I have wide feet and the gap is quite narrow to get them through onto the sole, but once they're in they are very comfy, you can easily walk around in them, and as has been mentioned I would suspect you could wear them under jeans quite easily.

20. Daytona are THE boots to go for.

Only issue with them is fitment. To many it feels like you’re wearing a pair of moon boots.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information