1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dainese Clothing Sizes

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by West Cork Paul, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Hi, if anyone can give me some guidance it'd be much appreciated.

I'm looking into buying a Dainese lightweight under jacket which has a built-in back protector, some variants come with elbow & shoulder protectors as well. A bit like this. Reason being I've a couple of jackets that don't have the facility to insert a back protector. Apart from the linked item there's also some old new stock around which have the back protector on the inside so from the outside look just like a wind-proof shell. I know I could get a stand-alone separate back protector but I don't really like walking around looking like a tortoise when I take my jacket off :) and Dainese seem to be the only brand that have something built into a lightweight under garment.

I have to buy it online due to geographical difficulties between me and my nearest Dainese stockist (in fact stockist of anything :() so want to make sure I get the sizing right and don't have to faff about returning/swapping it.

IMO the sizing guides online are not the best.

So, does anyone have something similar and can advise on their sizing please?

I'm 6'1", 95kg, 44" chest, have to get 44Long in jackets.

TIA

2. Okay, I have the Dainese airtex vented fabric summer jacket in an EU58 and a retro soft oiled leather jacket with a quilted removeable lining, in an EU60. At 6’4” and a fairly well proportioned 17 stone, the leather jacket is comfortable and the fabric jacket is not big enough for me to wear a jumper underneath. IMO Dainese sizes come up small, my advice would be nothing smaller than an EU56. Andy

#2 Android853sp, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Just bought a Dainese goretex jacket. UK size 42 is the same as Euro size 52. If I remember correctly there is a size comparison chart on their website.

4. @Android853sp @Bob T thanks for a prompt response. Here’s my conundrum, hence reaching out for anyone who might have something similar.

I have a Dainese Gortex heavyweight textile jacket, fully armoured, size 54, fits perfectly.

I have a Dainese Dryline lightweight textile jacket size 52, from what used to be their “After Race” range, fits comfortably. Also fits over my size 54 Alpinestars leather jacket, so perhaps it’s not really a size 52 but given that size as it’s intended to be worn over size 52 leathers, although it fits over size 54 without being tight.

However, the inner, armoured, vests come in S, M, L, XL. The Dainese sizing guide indicates 52-54 = L but in my experience the sizing guides don’t always represent the actual.

I know I’m either L or XL just trying to guess/determine which will be the better fit.

5. Regrettably Dianese sizing isn't the most consistent. As you already have Dainese kit I would suggest going off of that and ordering from somewhere with a good returns/swap policy. Granted if you're looking at a recently discontinued product then it's going to be a case of beggars can't be choosers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Do you have a retailer that will do free returns ? I hear good things about the Sportsbikeshop.co.uk and getgeared.co.uk Andy

7. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I live in the far far West of Ireland. It’s not so much the cost of returns just the hassle. I’d rather get it right first time, but I’ll check out those guys, thanks.

8. Have you looked at knox armoured shirts? They have a few different models. Designed to be worn under a jacket and have the armour closer to the body.
    Exceptional quality, very comfortable, and you dont feel like a twat walking about wearing it without a jacket

https://www.planet-knox.com/category/mens-armoured-shirts/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Looking good, thanks.

10. I’ve found the Dainese jacket size is about a size smaller than other brands which are the same Euro size

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I have a Dainese armoured jacket, size L which is just slightly small for me. If I had my time again, i’d Get an XL. I normally wear Size 54 stuff. 6’0” 84kg.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Perfect, thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information