1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damaged Engine Casing On Brand New Bike

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by RainDanceKid, Sep 18, 2020.

1. I picked up new Panigale V2 a week ago and just noticed some imperfections/scratches in engine casing.
    Do you guys think it’s worth kicking up a fuss to replace or just logging it on record with the dealer? FAB870D1-0777-42D0-A99E-41DBFB8A94B1.jpeg
    I’m not that fussed, just concerned if it gets worse over time and spreads out over the whole casing.

2. Faulty and dreadful quality - to think that was assembled and let out of the factory :eek:
    Get it replaced :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 17
  3. I'd want it redone during the winter at their cost.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. It needs a new case, it's not paint... and deffo under warranty yes

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. As above and above.
    That’s not what you should expect on a £15k bike.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Thanks guys that's very helpful.

7. Did you get your cover sorted?

8. I think so - they've agreed to send a M/L, but just the hassle of a trip to the Post Office to return the old one!

9. Same. Frustrating but I think it will be worth it for you. Quality kit.
    How many miles you racked up so far?

10. a ducati's paint will fall off the engine at some point.. this is life. But straight out the box?
    Stick it to em dude... and claim you came of the bike due to the flakey paint getting under the rear wheel...
    Where there is blame there is a claim.

• Funny Funny x 7
  11. Yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Actually it was your recommendation that swung it for me! It feels like quality fabric and well made.

Clocked up 400 but now sadly have to pace myself so I don’t exceed 600 before the 1st service booked on 7 Oct.
    It’s so frustrating keeping below 6k RPM (I know there are various schools of thought on this). The engine’s just urging you to open it up, but I think I read you can only do 7k after the 1st service for another bunch of miles :weary_face::weary_face:

#12 RainDanceKid, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  13. It's important that the warranty claim is made so Ducati can address quality control issues. That way they can have a good laugh at us during staff piss ups down the trattoria.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You could lean on the dealer for an earlier service date as they really should have spotted the case flaw on the PDI. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yes, brand new bike with a defective case should be reported and replaced. Quality control not great.

16. Definitely get it replaced! Did you document it on delivery? If so then you should have good success, also if your dealer is good. That said I’d expect a dealer to have caught this prior to delivery in honesty...

The only defect I have on mine is that my front exhaust pipe is really tarnished and spotty, not too bothered but it wasn’t like it on my older panigales

17. Yes & all done at their cost. How that passed the pre-purchase inspection is laughable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. @RainDanceKid
    A very silly question but does the paint colour match up with the original.?

19. You mean matching to other new bikes in their showroom?

20. I’ve given the bike a thorough once-over for other signs of weathering/corrosion - found the Alu yoke seems to have slight uneven mottling all over and front forks have slight tarnish.

Are these reasonable imperfections or signs of the bike standing around in storage? I don’t want to be overly fussy.
    8605FC06-1728-41FC-BF31-26642262004E.jpeg B4DF324D-7DC8-42C3-BB45-5008848CACC9.jpeg E0098150-BC2E-40B2-B2DB-00B7B7432AD8.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information