1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Dash Controls

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Dec 11, 2017.

1. OK its from the Thailand bike show but you can see some of the graphics and menu selections on the new dash.

2. Really ? I’ve got problems setting the microwave clock :astonished:. Andy

3. I must admit, you do like a v4 thread..

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I personally don’t understand phone/media controls on the dash of a Superbike. I am totally unplugged on my bike to stay alive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. But your not accessing them whilst moving, those menus are only accessible whilst stationery.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I still wouldn’t have anything plugged into my ears for it to control.... and I don’t think using phones (I’m sure I read you can use the dash to answer calls and change music on the go) or listening to music should be encouraged.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Looks brilliant, considering the complexity of the screen its nice to see it been used as a 3d-type display.

8. I listen to music or podcasts on long boring motorway journeys. But I just stick a podcast or an album on and there it stays. I don’t wanna see it or control it on the dash either... that does sound dangerously distracting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Have we seen that it can do that or is it just speculation?
    The video went through engine/suspension settings but didn't see anything relating to media controls?

10. I didn’t even watch the video, I just like joining in.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. The media package is an extra cost option on all 3 models. Andy

12. It works in much the same way as the DMS (Ducati Multimedia System) on the Multistrada. However, you do need to purchase an additional black box though, rather like the DDA, as it wont work without this. Essentially the system, from what I know, allows you to select a playlist or a track from a portable bluetooth device or a smartphone, and will also display incoming calls and text messages, which you can choose to acknowledge or not as well as sat nav instructions if you have a suitable app running on your phone, which are relayed to any old bluetooth headphones paired with these devices/or the bike. You can of course just use one of a myriad of standalone products such as the Scala or Sena systems and achieve the same thing, less the on screen notifications of course. I would have preferred the option of an aural warning system for low fuel, high temp, low pressures etc, so you don't necessarily need to look at the dash all the time to monitor them as they are not always displayed on the same screen. As far as distracting your attention is concerned, I think the text message option is pointless as you cant respond whilst on the bike, merely read it and therefore of little use. Incoming calls can be set to auto answer so you dont necessarily need to do anything other than respond, which does not take your eyes off the road, and I would like to think most people can talk and ride at the same time. If it's still too daunting a prospect, you don't have to use this feature of the dash if you do not want to but it is becoming more commonplace (take a look at the BMW tourers for instance) on many new bikes now.

13. Long live good old fashioned analogue clocks.

14. Not a fan.
    Would love to be able to airplay my nav from the phone to the dash with audio routed through to a scala.

15. If I had bought myself a 200bhp+ V4 race bike with lights, the last thing I would be interested in is wtf my mobile phone is doing or wanting to listen to music, but each to their own I guess.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I just hum to myself. I can change tracks really easily too :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Sometimes I do sing out loud. And dance at lights.

18. One of the most useful things they could do is make it so that you can access fault codes, reset service indicators, actually things of use.

19. Not a chance, Thats where stealers make the ££

20. That's worrying Andy, o_O I've seen your microwave. :eek:

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.06.15.png

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information