1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Dash Replacemnet

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mr C, Jul 24, 2016.

1. I have been having problems with my left hand switch gear. After X amount of time the right hand indicator stops working and I cant toggle up. Turn bike off and on again and all is fine then problem repeats after same short period of time.
    I thought it was a switch gear problem, however after much research the problem seems to lie in the dash.

Seems like in the US and Canada Ducati issued a recall in the wiring, but I have also read about it being dash related?

Ducati Issues New Recalls For 1199 Panigale - Motorcycle.com News

Has anyone had the same problem??

@nelly have you come across this?

#1 Mr C, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. It's not a dash problem as far as I've heard mate. There is a recall that involves installing a small sub loom into the wiring from the switch gear. Did one on Saturday for just the same problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. you need this part MrC
    Part no. 51029281A
    This will rectify the issue as Nelly says.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks guys, Seems that part is cheap as chips and a nice easy fix

5. It's a freebie if you take it in and it'll get ticked off the bikes history.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I did think that just after typing. No point getting my fingers dirty I guess

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yup as above, the small fix is the issue, had mine done under warranty.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ive had this upgrade, and a new dash for the misting, new ones only half as bad so thanks audi, your the best.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I had that done on my 1199 now I recall, no idea what it was for just got done at a service.

10. i had the same problem with mine Ducati told me i needed a small patch lead fitted in the loom from the indicator switch, they fitted it free of charge and sorted the problem, i am also waiting for a new dash to come in mine started fogging up and a small split started whilst in Italy in 38 degr heat they are now changing that under warranty Seastar in Norwich great guys

11. Well according the bikes record the job had been done May 2014 at Ducati Wolverhampton. Anyway as the cost was about £4 and 10 mins work I really didn't mind doing it myself.
    Oh dear the job seems never to have been done as the extra loom and little black box are nowhere to be seen
    Looks like another none job done on my bike by Ducati Wolves but ticked off. First one being that as it was one of the first Tricolore's to land back in 2012 they didnt come with the GPS and had to go back to the dealers to have the GPS module retro fitted at a slightly

Guess what? No GPS came with my bike and even speaking to the last owner and the guy who bought it new they confirmed no GPS was on the bike. But Wolves have ticked that job as done! Wonder where the £400's worth GPS modules went.

We even had photos showing no module normally visible through the bottom of the screen.

Now normally I wouldn't kick up to much fuss but as the owner of DW was rude to me over the GPS I might have to make some noise.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information