1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Dashboard Backlight

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Turbo1098s, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Hey
    Wondered if anyone can help/point in the right direction/advice...
    Tonight I went out for a local ride, left during daylight but when I started my bike up to come home in the dark i noticed that the dash wasnt lit up...?:worried: All the lights (neutral, indicators, etc) are working fine...
    To be honest this is the first time I've ridden the bike in the dark so haven't noticed it before...
    Thanks
    Richard

2. Check your battery is over 12.6 volts with a multimeter. If it is check the charging circuit, it should be around 14.3 volts, anymore may mean regulator/rectifier is toast or generator is having issues.
    I'm having the same trouble and have replaced the battery and the reg/rec (aftermarket mosfet) and still have it charging at 16.6 volts! I need to check the generator to make sure that's outputting correctly. If it is, then my new reg/rec is the wrong one for the bike.
    I also find my headlight turns off and all the idiot lights go out over 3k rpm.

3. Hey buddy. Any luck with this? Mine is doing the same thing and can’t find much about it. Thanks

4. Yep, mine too, even with new battery, mosfet reg rec and volts steady as a rock at 14.3v when running at any speed and load. Dash still flickering and going out for long periods then on again only to go off for no reason. Just doesn’t make any sense. Thx. Rich.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information