1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Dashboard

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Boukekoppejan, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Nice Dash for sure

If the bike is using the standard dash and ECU then you have to be aware that the immobilizer security is tied to the dash.

I think the ECU asks the dash if the security code read from the transponder in the key is correct. The dash replies "All good" and the ECU then lets you start the biike.

This is why the dash represents such a problem it is paired to the ECU. Given that these OEM dashes can be fragile and fog at the drop of a hat it wasn't very clever, but that's what you got.

You'd need somebody who is up with the tech to know if this can be reprogrammed or there is a way around it.

@nelly miight have an idea or know if somebody who can help.

I'm a bit out of the loop with it all now, as I managed to lay my mitts on a Nemesis from another member on here.

2. Have you tried asking Omnia if it is "plug and play" or needs additional setting up? As the seller that should be at least know the answer and if necessary give you some sort of guidance.

3. I don't have any experience with the dash, but the immo is built in to the stock dash. If it's removed by the AIM dash then it should work???
    I'd ask AIM about the tech side rather than Omnia.... they can be a bit hit or miss.

4. Or ask bikesport developments

Do Not Sell My Personal Information