1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dashcam-switched Power Source

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by COH555, Mar 10, 2019.

1. I am in the process of installing an Innovv C5 dashcam to my 2002 ST4S.

It has all been straight forward until the wiring of the yellow lead which needs to be attached to a switched power source that is activated when the bike is turned on and deactivates when the bike is turned off (see image).

I’ve searched previous threads and the interterweb but cannot find a simple idiot proof guide to wiring something up to a switched power source. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks
    COH555

C5D0ABD8-E9D5-42F8-AF41-21828D5705ED.png

2. I'm attaching a couple of pictures from my work on providing a switched supply for the satnav on my ST2.

Obviously you should check an ST4s wiring diagram against your particular machine, but on my ST2 there is an unswitched feed from the +ve battery terminal to the 30A fuse at the top of the picture below. The other side of this fuse is connected to the relay that actually switches the ignition and feeds current back to various positions in the fusebox.

I'm writing from memory, but iirc I plumbed in the feed to the satnav from the protected side of the second of the two 7.5A fuses (i.e. r.h.s. of the fourth fuse from top in the picture), which is the fuse for the horn and stop light.

Main fuse box.jpg

One thing to be aware of is that the sockets for the blade fuses are actually connectors crimped to the wiring (see below); they are very delicate and not, afaik, easily replaced if you break one.

IMG_4305.jpg to

3. Thanks Julian.

I’m still at a loss though!

4. Re the below image, these two wires (purple and red/grey) are bullet connected to a grey and a black wire that go to the front break lever.
    Am I correct in saying the grey is my live?

5. Aforementioned image.

7DF8892A-5DE6-4D77-821D-4CCDEA383CE1.jpeg

6. You need to get yourself a multimeter and wiring diagram

7. I have a Wiring diagram for 2003 ST4 s in colour here

Attached Files:

8. Now have both!

9. Thanks Johnny.

10. Thanks for the guidance. Mission accomplished!

The fairing is fun to get back on!

11. Any chance of a pic of the controller in situ? Curious to know how much space it takes up.

12. I’ve Velcro’d mine in to the underseat compartment. It’s not overly intrusive at all.

Need to adjust the camera though as it’s fouling the front wheel guard under load.

4D0572CB-A95D-45C4-B1F2-F83ACE98D811.jpeg

EF5502AB-F3A7-49A5-B276-6B9BE3BC1829.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Looks good. How quickly do the videos transfer using the app? Or do you take the card out to transfer files?

14. Haven’t tried any of that yet. You can watch live through the app and there’s around a seconds delay.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information