1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David Attenborough

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by chizel, Apr 21, 2019.

1. many a night i have been suffering from a big come down and have been lulled to sleep by his soothing voice.. but he does talk some bollocks... just now he said that fresh water is becoming in increasingly unpredictable. then he said 2/3rds of the worlds fresh water is locked in the poles, frozen in time.... im no expert but i think i can predict where the bulk of the fresh water is....

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. (perhaps not just now, it may be an old program)

3. So are you saying he used to talk bollox but doesn't anymore?

4. Is it in your tap? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. He makes some fantastic programmes but I wonder given the success of them, if the next series has to be better and some artistic licence has been taken, even more so now the current one is via netflix so there is a return expected.

#5 noobie, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  6. i live in southall... the water is far from fresh... id be better off drinking from the busted toilet in the back yard!!

7. apparently you guy are running out of water already . in a couple of decades you'll be buying/begging for it.

8. i'll drink Scottish!!! as long as we dont run outta red wine i dont give a fuck... i can wash with baby wipes and eat take aways so no dishes to do.. (standard stuff really!)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I don't do dishes either.
    hmm, whisky without water? that's a no no.

10. We have plenty of fresh water in the UK.
    It's just a matter of diverting it down South; to where it can have the most benefit to the majority of the UK..:eyes:

The South being the power house of the UK.

#10 AirCon, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. David Attenborough produced some brilliant series about the world, animals, insects, plants, environment etc etc etc.

We (meaning most of the UK) enjoyed watching them over all the many years he travelled the world and the programmes were broadcast.

So the UK population probably considered him to be a bit of an expert on all of it.

But if he is such an expert, why 'On Earth' (see what I did there?) didn't he bloody well notice that the climate change was happening long ago, until now when he reckons we have only 10 years to do something about it?

To me it seems like 'he who pays the piper calls the tune'.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. im confused...

13. You saying they don't wash down south.

15. Some of them, like that @Loz ... definitely not.

16. I think those ones are the protesting in London

Do Not Sell My Personal Information